Live News Reporter
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Live News Reporter to join The Grimsby Telegraph. Ideally, you'll be a senior or newly qualified reporter with industry recognised qualifications. You'll be a confident self-starter, who generates ideas and is always looking for the next big talking point to lead our website or the front of our daily newspaper.
You'll be an accomplished and imaginative user of social media, understanding the role it can play in sourcing and promoting content as well as engaging with an audience in the tens of thousands.
Based in Grimsby, we have a busy news patch and great engagement with our community across North East Lincolnshire, including the seaside resort of Cleethorpes and beautiful Lincolnshire Wolds.
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
- Take a lead in delivering high-quality, accurate and well-written multimedia content
- Bring in off diary stories sourced from contacts, the community and social media
- Write compelling content in a way which engages and drives digital audience
- Provide quick, accurate and engaging content for breaking news and live blogs
- Be a self-starter who can work independently as well as part of a team
- Shoot video, audio and take pictures when required out on jobs
- Be confident and skilled in the use of social media to source and promote stories and engage with readers and news sources
- Possess a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of media law and industry guidelines
- NCTJ or industry recognised journalism qualifications
- Confident and comfortable getting out and about and making contacts
- Excellent writing skills
- Up-to-date legal knowledge as it relates to the media
- Skilled in the use of social media for story-gathering and promoting content
- An eye to create strong video to support content
- An ability to work under pressure
- Flexible approach to shifts
- Driving licence