Head of Security Governance
Head of Security Governance
Location: Cambridge, GB
Group Security – Head of Governance
Full Time/ Permanent
Salary: £46,000 - £62,900
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced governance leader to join the Group Security function at Cambridge Assessment. The successful candidate will lead the security and resilience governance team to ensure that the function achieves compliance with legal, regulatory and certification requirements. The successful candidate will need to create and deliver upon strategic plans; developed in collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure that governance activities delivers assurance to the Group Chief Security Officer and the executive board.
The Group Security is still in its infancy and is growing and evolving, so it is an exciting time to join the function and influence the growth and purpose of this function. This new function was created to ensure that a holistic approach is taken to security and maximum benefit can be sought from a multi-disciplined approach to security. Group Security is focused on protecting and providing resilience to Cambridge Assessment’s people, information, assets and premises globally. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing objective and accurate assurance on Group Security’s outputs and will be leading the creation and development of the governance capability for Group Security.
What you will be doing
- Creating and maintaining strategic governance plans in line with organisation and department objectives.
- Be the Group’s Subject Matter Expert on security and resilience governance.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, coaching, development and initially recruitment of the governance team.
- Identify, implement and manage audit schedules, both internally managed and external auditors.
- Lead and manage the continuous improvement process, including remedial work from audits.
- Take responsibility for the risk management process within Group Security and other large support functions.
- Creating and coordinating security working groups to support colleagues and departments to achieve the required security standards.
- The creation and maintenance of all security policy.
- Maintenance of ISO27001 certification.
- Lead and deliver the security awareness program.
What we’re looking for
- Proven experience of managing governance is essential.
- Experience of managing governance for security and business continuity is highly desired.
- Qualifications in risk and / or risk audit such as Management of Risk (MoR) or Institute of Risk Managers (IRM) are highly desired.
- Qualifications in IT governance, such as CRISC or CISA are highly desirable.
- Experience of implementing and maintaining ISO27001 certification.
- Experience of managing internal audit functions and hosting external audit functions.
- Experience of leading and managing audit findings through to satisfactory remediation.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to form effective working groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to liaise with audiences at various levels/grades of the business and build a strong and credible reputation within the organisation.
- Ability to work under limited supervision and have the initiative and drive to achieve continuous improvement whilst understanding when to refer to the Line Manager for guidance.
- Positive, can-do attitude whilst remaining calm under pressure.
- A collaborative and understanding approach to working.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Uses own initiative to provide successful outcomes.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
Cambridge Assessment is Europe's largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 04/04/2018 and interviews will be held on 11 and 13 April 2018.
Going forward all Job Description content will be incorporated into the body of our Job Adverts. This allows candidates to read all the job information no matter where they have seen the job role. A separate job description document may be sent out at the interview invite stage but will include the same content as our advert.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.