Autism Support Worker
Autism Support Worker
West of Scotland Area Services – Oban Saturday Club
Part Time – 6 hours per week
£8.45 per hour Plus Excellent Benefits Package
“Your job is to come to work,
make a child’s life awesome,
and then go home.
That’s a brilliant job!”
Scottish Autism is an organisation dedicated to enriching the lives of people with autism. We also seek to share our knowledge and expertise with parents, carers and other professionals in order to support the development of skills and strategies needed to provide the best care and support for people with autism.
With a head office in Alloa and over 900 staff working across Scotland, we offer a large range of services for people with autism including education, day and vocational opportunities, supported living, outreach, respite and specialist transition support.
In this role, you will be an integral member of the support team contributing to and ensuring a high quality of care and support for individuals on the Autism Spectrum or with complex needs within our Saturday club for children age 5-18. We are looking for applications from people who are looking for a role which:
- Makes a positive impact on people’s lives
- Provides a safe and nurturing environment for individuals with Autism
- Allows you to use your skills & talents to enrich people’s lives, helping them to achieve their goals
- Offers a challenge and isn’t your average desk based, office job
- Empowers individuals to develop their talents
- Enables individuals with Autism to engage with their local communities
We will offer you:
- A competitive salary of £8.45 per hour
- Defined benefits pension scheme
- 32 days’ holiday pro rata (which increases with your length of service)
- Childcare Vouchers, saving you up to £933 per year
- HSF Health Cash Plan, for a monthly premium (from £7.75) you & your family can claim back expenses for dental, optical and other health care expenses
- Sector leading training from day one including fully funded support to complete your necessary SVQ Level 3
- The opportunity to be part of one of the leading innovators in Autism Practice in the UK
Experience isn’t necessary due to the training we offer, however we need people who share the following values with Scottish Autism:
- Team work
Although experience is not a necessity, the ability to join the PVG scheme, or undergo a PVG scheme update is a condition for employment with Scottish Autism.
Closing Date: Friday 6th April 2018
Registered charity number is SC009068
To apply for the role of Autism Support Worker, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Autism Support Worker, Part Time, Support Worker, Junior Care Worker, Trainee Carer, Care Assistant, Personal Care Assistant, Junior Social Care Worker, Trainee Social Worker, Care, Healthcare.