Trainee Machine Operative
- Full Time
ParkerSteel is the largest steel stockholder & processor in the UK and has been successfully trading in the engineering and steel industry for over 100 years. As a family run business, we are focused on continuous innovation and improvements that are implemented collaboratively with our staff. Our company has rapidly grown due to the investment in technology and our staff. At the heart of our business, is ensuring our staff are motivated, engaged and developing. All our staff members undergo continuous training and development programmes to help them gain new skills, recognised certificates and the opportunities to further their career with us. As well as free training and development opportunities all our staff have access to a great variety of high street and online discounts via our PerkBox staff scheme.
If you would like to join a vibrant, progressive and innovative company, we have exciting opportunities for proactive, self-motivated individuals to join our busy Flat product department at Canterbury.
As a trainee Machine Operative, you will begin your career as a Production Packer. The purpose of this role is to prepare processed material for packing and loading, ensuring it is prepared and packed safely. The role will involve a vast amount of manual work including heavy lifting, manual handling, working on machines involving setup and changing consumables as well as some climbing. The successful candidate will be given full training including Quality Control Measures, Manual Handling, Slinging and Lifting, Fork Lift & Pallet Truck Training, to enable them to maintain and push a high standard of Quality to all members of staff. You will also begin your training in one of our primary processes in order to start your development as a Machine Operative. This is an ideal position for someone looking to start their career in a busy production environment.
Skills and Experience (Essential):
• Must be conscientious and thorough person with a desire to push quality
• Be a team player, but be able to work proactively as an individual to targets
• Be able to work to an extremely high quality standard
• Be able to drive his/her point of view, to maintain high standards of Quality to production teams
Skills and Experience (Desired):
• Previous quality assurance and packing experience
• Overhead crane experience
Terms and Conditions
• 4 on/4 off shift pattern of days and nights - 12 hour shifts
• Starting Salary £16,000 which will increase to £17,000 upon successful completion of probation. Salary will then increase to £18,000 upon promotion to Operative
• Training and Career Progression with regular salary increases (dependent on skill set and competences)
• Company pension
• Life insurance
• Perkbox membership
• Employee discount schemes