We have an exciting opportunity to join our team. While experience of SAS and working with finance data would be beneficial, we are keen to attract someone who wants to learn and stretch themselves.
Who you'll work with
The Finance and Actuarial Systems team support the wider Finance team in delivering the systems essential to our everyday work and carrying out a wide array of change activity. We apply our detailed knowledge of the business to implement and maintain scalable processes, particularly for reporting, allowing Phoenix to acquire additional business with confidence. We set high standards for ourselves, working within a rigorous governance framework.
Within Finance and Actuarial Systems, the SAS Team are responsible for the transformation and analysis of data for financial and actuarial reporting. Risk awareness is a key part of how we work and we are constantly seeking ways to do more, better.
What you'll do
As a SAS Technician, you'll work closely with our SAS experts, other specialist teams and business users to support, maintain and create SAS processes that meet our growing business needs. In a typical day, you might:
- monitor a process to ensure we deliver a timetabled report
- review controls to ensure output meets required quality standards
- identify an issue which needs to be flagged to business users
- find a solution which needs to be implemented quickly and carefully
- add to control documentation or update process documents
- respond to a query from our auditors or another team
- spend some time in self-study or team discussion, as part of your progress towards a development milestone
What we're looking for
Whether you're a recent graduate or experienced developer, you will need to be a clear communicator with strong collaboration skills. You will be a self-motivated team player with the drive to deliver and attention to quality. You'll be ready to challenge yourself and prepared to ask for and give help.
When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Monday 2 nd April 2018