Customisation and Warehouse Assistant - Nottingham
Customisation and Warehouse Assistant
Warehouse Department - Nottingham
About the Role
The main role of the Customisation and Warehouse Assistant is to assist in the cutting room, customising stoma supplies, to fulfil customer orders in a timely and accurate manner to meet Quality Standards and achieve Service Level Agreement and departmental KPIs.
Customisation and Warehouse Assistant is to assist in the cutting room, customising stoma supplies, to fulfil customer orders in a timely and accurate manner to meet Quality Standards and achieve Service Level Agreement and departmental KPIs.
- Customising pouches in accordance with patient requests.
- Customising stoma pouches and supplies using sophisticated machinery and from time to time hand customising of stoma pouches.
- Maintain accurate customer records including templates.
- To ensure all cutting quality issues are reported.
- Collate stock to orders, pack and prepare for dispatch within the Company guidelines.
- Assist with booking in and placing stock in appropriate stock position.
- Ensure working areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure stock is rotated.
- Ensure all documentation is correctly maintained.
- Assist with perpetual inventory and year-end stock takes.
- Receive incoming goods, check and sign paperwork when required.
- Assist with other duties as and when required.
- Be prepared to undertake any internal / external training as required.
- To be flexible as possible with working hours at times of heavy workload.
- Assist with all other duties as and when required.
- To adhere to the company's Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible.
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company's' Health and Safety policy.
- To adhere to the company's Quality policy and Environmental policy.
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required.
- The ability to work as part of a small team.
- Previous experience within a warehouse environment.
- The ability to work and follow set guidelines and detail.
- Be prepared to undertake any internal/external training as required.
- To be flexible with working hours at times with heavy workloads.
- Previous experience.
- Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which the best way is forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
- Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly, and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn't dwell on past events.
- Networking – Feels relaxed about relating to people and soon forges and builds relationships. Works well in an environment of mutual support and information sharing. Is not afraid to direct people or ask for their help.
- Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
- Supporting Others – Enjoys supporting other people and is prone to getting involved and trying to help them when they have problems. Is comfortable to contribute to joint endeavours and enjoys team work. Is willing to let other people depend on them.
- Following Directions – Is motivated to accept and comply with standards and instructions and has a strong conscience about delivering what is promised or expected. Doesn't like letting people down and works productively in cooperation with, and support of others.
- Quality Orientation – Is precise, pays attention to details, checks things and ties up ‘loose ends'. Has a strong conscience about getting things right and seeks to ensure that decisions and solutions do not involve undue risk, adheres to policy and standards.
- Oral Communication – Talks readily and confidently to people, expressing themselves with obvious ease. Speak out and makes themselves heard, often playing a leading and influential role in debate and discussion.
- Interpersonal / Influencing – Deals with other in a convincing way that leads to gaining agreement without relying on hierarchy and shows sensitivity to working relationships. Doesn't give up easily in the face of opinions that differ from their own. Influences others to reach conclusions and gain agreements.
Key Working Relationships
With whom, nature and purpose of contact
Works well within a team environment, will liaise with customer services and be able to communicate any issues.
Hours of Work:
42.5 hours per week between the hours of 8.30am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday, with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break.
Time and attendance bonus - £750
Apply online including a full CV and covering letter outlining why you are suitable for the role today.