Engineer -Days or Nights
A fantastic opportunity to work for the UK's largest premium dessert company has become available for an engineer at their new home in Bishops Stortford. Gu Puds was founded in 2003 and has been the UK's leading premium dessert brand, producing delicious puddings in a adorable glass ramekin.
your main duties will be to support the running of the factory by resolving breakdowns, delivering maintenance and driving improvements across the site in terms of new machinery, hygiene, quality, and performance.
Other duties will include;
- Expected to carry out all maintenance across the factory, in both a low care and high care environment.
- Attend to breakdowns on site ensuring that there is always a rapid response and that plant equipment and machinery breakdown time is minimised. Always endeavour to reduce downtime of site plant and machinery.
- Carry out repairs to plant and equipment during production, effectively and efficiently, either alone and/or as part of a team.
- Deliver on plant up time and maintenance KPI's through planned, preventative & predictive maintenance.
- To carry out PPM on site whilst always ensuring that there is a pro-active approach to planned maintenance and a high PPM output.
- Deliver improvement work on machinery and site improvement work.
- Ensure Engineering time is managed effectively and that that there is low Engineering down-time
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years engineering experience with proven experience within the food industry. applicants with chilled temperature or chemical experience will also be considered.
Please apply today and don't miss out on the opportunity! If you would like to know more please call the Gu accounts team at Brook Street on 01727 731490.