£DOE – Days
Our prestigious, privately owned and well established, Lincolnshire client are seeking a Production Manager to join their growing team. Ideally from a Manufacturing background you will be an inspirational leader, have a passion for continuous improvement and be conversant with the cost elements of products, throughputs, labour efficiencies and wastage. Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will be responsible for increasing productivity, quality performance through the application of lean manufacturing processes and continuous improvement and efficiencies. In charge of controlling the production processes and leading a dedicated production team, this is a “hands on” role, walking the factory floor. Improving production planning with reduction of waste and ensuring production is completed within the timings costed for. Planning and scheduling the whole production process and internal stock distribution. Implementing new communication tools and KPI reporting systems.
- Ensure that products are produced on time and of good quality
- Oversee the production process
- Create production plans
- Production staff recruitment, training and disciplinary
- Manage and develop the production team
- Agree weekly production plans and targets
- Maintain production equipment
- Manage the movement of goods into and out of production facilities.
- Implement best production practice and manufacturing methods
- Ensure the health and safety of all employees and visitors to the facility
- Liaise with marketing and sales staff
- Understand required stock levels for specialist items
- Determine quality control standards
- Attend daily operations meetings
- Ideally be degree qualified.
- Have experience in leading large and diverse teams.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, be computer literate, to a good standard.
- Be competent in two or more production or supply chain areas, with an impressive track record in a similar fast- paced logistics, distribution, manufacturing, engineering environment.
- Have a sincere bias for action and be passionate about achieving results and driving production through efficiency and process improvement.
- Possess the ability to manage detail, establish root cause and be able to extract and analyse data. Must be able to demonstrate effective problem-solving and analytical capability.
- Thrive on change, inclined to operate with flexibility and commit the time required to get the job done. Work weekends, if required.
This rapidly growing organisation offers many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career
If you are currently a Production Supervisor, Manufacturing Supervisor, Team Leader, Shift Supervisor or Shift Leader this may be a great opportunity for you.
Living around Lincoln, Sleaford, Spalding, Boston, Horncastle you will be in commutable distance for this role.