Project Manager Specialist
£350 - £450 per day
A strong, independent, goal oriented Apps Project Management professional with the ability to manage multiple fast moving projects of varying complexity. A strong communicator who leads from the front with experience in managing multiple stakeholders and Vendors. Well-seasoned in delivering using Agile methodologies.
You will be required to manage Projects through the full life cycle working with SOA principles, Agile methodologies and technologies such as Java and TIBCO, leading a team of Architects, designers, developers, clients and third parties, ensuring project delivery is on time and to budget.
Experience in the telecommunications industry and working in an integration environment managing middleware implementation with rapid design, development and release management.
The role will be based at the client's site so customer facing skills are important.
Coordinates and integrates the work efforts and deliverables of a large multi-function, multi- vendor project team.
Management level definitions
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Manages and leads a program involving one or more functions and project teams to drive the engineering development and implementation process for a subsystem or component of a product or service offering.
- Develops schedules, critical deliverables, budget, resource allocation plan, and other support requirements for assigned program.
- Coordinates activities of supporting project teams and internal and external development partners; tracks progress against established plan and makes decisions to alter or update schedule and resource allocation to meet product requirements and development schedule.
- Communicates program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to product stakeholders; collaborates with management and internal manufacturing and development partners to implement changes to product, process, or program plan to resolve escalated issues, produce solutions, and ensure adherence to budgets and established product roadmaps and schedules.
- Leads and provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
The sections below help differentiate between levels to enable consistency.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Management, Engineering, Computer Sciences, or equivalent.
- PMP/PMI certification preferred.
- Using project planning tools and software packages to create, manage, and track project results.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and directing matrixed teams and resources.
- Experience in managing both outsourced and internal teams (majority offshore); demonstrable ability to engage, motivate, coach and empower diverse teams in direct and matrix organisations
- Ability to create and manage program schedules, budgets, and resource allocation plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate program plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at management levels.
- Collaborates with peers, junior engineers and program managers, technicians, and external and internal manufacturing and design partners.
- Typically interacts with high-level Individual Contributors, Managers and Program Core Teams.
- Leads a project requiring manufacturing engineering development.
- Peer reviews other Project Managers