We have a new exciting opportunity at PDS Dental Laboratory (PDS) for a Duty Manager to join our fantastic team based in Bradford on a full time, permanent basis and you will receive a competitive salary depending on experience plus benefits including 20 days holiday.
PDS Dental Laboratory (PDS) is an innovative, full service, state of the art dental laboratory, employing 120 staff, supplying services and products to dental practices throughout the UK & Eire. PDS has built a reputation based on providing a high quality personal service and working in partnership with dentists and trusts to understand their business and support growth plans through superior product knowledge, competitive pricing and the capability to supply everything a modern practice requires.
As our Duty Manager your role will be to manage the effective operation and maintenance of high standards of the technical teams within PDS laboratory. You will deliver an efficient and cost-effective service for all customers. To work with the Technical manager to develop and maintain technical standards. To develop and maintain a QA program with the assistance of the Lead technicians.
Key Responsibilities of our Duty Manager:
- Be responsible for the day to day running of the PDS laboratory.
- Manage the provision of a high quality, timely service for the production and delivery of a full range of dental prostheses.
- Develop and implement a QA program in partnership with stakeholders across the group.
- Ensure that delivery dates are met for all cases
- Work with the operations manager to implement new procedures and policies
- Continuously review the performance of technical team members, setting objectives, identify ongoing training needs and source appropriate solutions.
- Manage the technical staff rotas and ensure that all members of the team meet the required daily targets and standards
- Communicate with the Senior management team and technicians to ensure the smooth running of the lab.
- Be involved in the selection of new team members via interview and selection processes’
What we’re looking for in our Duty Manager:
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Duty Manager who can manage and coach a team. We need you to influence, coach and manage change within a growing busy laboratory. You will directly manage a number of technicians and laboratory operatives. You will need to have experience in actively and successfully managing both good and bad performance by way of performance reviews. Experience in managing a busy laboratory is desirable but not essential.
Closing date: 21st April 2018
If you would like to join our team as our new Duty Manager then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!