I am recruiting for an experienced Logistics Purchasing/Pricing Procurement Officer for an award winning client based near Birmingham Airport; ideally from the Sea Freight logistics industry. My client is offering a negotiable salary dependant on experience.
You will be responsible for the negotiating and purchasing for the freight forwarding space from shipping line suppliers on a daily basis for one of my clients main contracts, primarily within the sea freight sector. You must be an excellent communicator with the ability to build strong and loyal relationships.
My client is a leading British logistics freight forwarder headquartered in Birmingham. They operate mainly ocean and air freight services.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Liaise with numerous shipping lines on a daily basis constantly negotiating new prices
- Negotiate and re-negotiate rates with carriers that are beneficial to customers.
- Provide quotations to customers, within short timescales, taking account of transit times, routes, and opportunities for minimising customer costs by utilising sharing between carriers.
- Develop and build relationships to ensure a high level of customer service is provided to clients.
- Maintain a high level of awareness of market fluctuations in rates and charge.
- Maintain profit and loss data for all accounts.
- Ensure requests and queries are resolved and actioned quickly and efficiently.
- Communication with overseas agents and clients is clear precise and effective.
- Accurate & timely reporting to department manager.
- Take ownership of own training and development so as to continuously improve and develop, including training new starters where required.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in freight forwarding purchasing/procurement
- Sea freight pricing experience is essential - Air freight would be a bonus
- Experience of negotiating and purchasing cargo space for shipping
- Experience of negotiating rates/prices with a number of shipping liners on a daily basis
- Ability to build loyal relationships both with suppliers and customers
- Able to provide accurate quotes quickly
- International experience and exposure plus the ability to work with a global network of agents, suppliers, shipping lines and hauliers
- Familiarity with the use of all forms of haulage, sea, road, rail and air would be ideal
- A good awareness of spreadsheets and the ability to produce reports and use formulas to manipulate data.
- The skill to prioritise a large number of tasks to ensure accuracy
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Salary dependant on experience and can be discussed at application stage
- Mon-Fri 8-5 (one shift per month working until 6pm and potential of up to 3 Saturday's (9-12) PER YEAR)
- 20 days + 8 Bank Holidays
- Free Car Parking
- On-site canteen with free tea/coffee and soft drinks
- Annual activity fun day
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your cv and call me on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***