I am recruiting for an Accounts Administrator for my award winning client who is based by Birmingham airport and they are happy to pay a salary of up to £25000 dependant on experience.
A new position for the company due to continued expansion, you will be responsible for the purchasing administration duties within the accounts team, ensuring duties such as, suppliers statements are reconciled, invoices are paid, daily banking and logging of funds, raising of cheques etc are completed. Purchases you will be dealing with will be things such as freight exporting, shipping costs etc e. haulage fees.
My client is a leading British logistics freight forwarder headquartered in Birmingham. They operate mainly ocean and air freight services.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Passing Purchase Invoice for payment
- Daily banking & logging of funds received and applying funds to relevant accounts
- Reconciling supplier's statements
- Rejection of supplier invoices as required
- Preparing and paying purchase invoices for payment on open accounts or BACS
- Raising auto cheques for CAD Payments etc
- Opening of new suppliers and traders
- Maintaining all relevant and applicable sales & purchases ledgers & cash books
- Maintaining month end sales, purchases and cashbooks
- Checking and processing of bulk invoices as required
- Maintaining high risk schedule
- Transfer of funds between different divisions of the company and any related internal invoicing
- A minimum of 3 year's previous accounts administration experience is essential
- A clear understanding of making payments in different currencies including US Dollars/GB Pounds Sterling/Euros.
- Experience of working in a £100 million turnover company
- Good problem solving skills to enable prompt resolutions of queries or complaints.
- Experience of looking after company vehicles (vehicle tax, insurance, repairs, MOT's etc).
- Knowledge and utilisation of 'Companies House' including downloading of accounts and credit facility checks ie ICC reports would be ideal.
- Good verbal and written communication, to provide a professional image to customers and suppliers.
- Experience in the adoption and practice of specific company financial policies and procedures.
- The capacity to work in a high pressure environment
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE ACCOUNTS ADMINISTRATION EXPERIENCE***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Up to £25000 dependant on experience
- Mon-Fri 8-5 (one shift per month working until 6pm and potential of up to 3 Saturday's (9-12) PER YEAR)
- 20 days + 8 Bank Holidays
- Free Car Parking
- On-site canteen with free tea/coffee and soft drinks
- Annual activity fun day
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your cv and call me on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***