Development Project Manager
To act for the Development team as a Development Project Manager to create and deliver the spaces and related infrastructure across the site to support the aspirations for the project as a whole. To support project decision making and improve consistency and governance, be responsible for design and cost control, authority requirements and approvals, strategies, policies, objectives and plans relating to infrastructure and place making.
To drive, facilitate and be responsible for the public realm design and delivery as a key part of a large scale urban regeneration scheme including leading. The delivery of the public realm covers all projects or initiatives, both permanent and temporary to create place and facilitate the activation of the public realm across the project. It also includes the briefing and coordination of the how the buildings sit within the project infrastructure and how the public realm contributes to the delivery of place that people will want to use and visit.
- Work with the Development Director to create a brief for public realm and infrastructure to meet the aspirations for the project.
- Lead the design and delivery of the public realm and highway infrastructure from due diligence and site investigation works, including sensible integration with utilities, security and other elements - as part of making informed investment decisions and providing a platform for future development plots
- Lead the design and delivery of the softer infrastructure works from due diligence and site investigation works, including the public realm, activation strategy and overall place making - as part of making informed investment decisions and completing the place between the development plots.
- Work with the plot teams to ensure that the interests of buildings, infrastructure and place are fully resolved and integrated
- To progress projects through the development process including the following stages: design / development brief, internal project gateways and milestones, phasing, cost plan and capital expenditure, infrastructure cost allocation to plots, legal agreements, risk management and reporting.
- Challenge design solutions where necessary, propose creative and innovative design solutions and implement. Generally add value and deliver best practice design outcomes
- Generate innovative business solutions and translate these into practical actions
- Prepare & maintain a development programme for infrastructure including phasing plan and gateway review points and conscious of contractual commitments.
- Participate in, and prepare information for, bids for new projects, including the development of innovative solutions tailored to suit particular stakeholders.
- Assist with establishing sustainability strategy and Targets and monitoring into the design and delivery.
- Pre-construction contractor engagement / contract negotiations with contractor (expected to be Lend Lease Construction)
- Relevant business or property tertiary qualifications
- Post graduate qualifications desirable
- Experience in integration of public realm and built form and the tensions between landscape and building architecture
- Relevant post-qualification experience in a public realm design or delivery role
- Experience of achieving client requirements in respect of urban regeneration, commercial and residential projects & mixed use
- Driving the provision of public space in the urban regeneration process
- Experience of integrating, public realm with infrastructure into large long term projects
- Experience of the delivery of completed public realm into the operational process and the interface with development works