Lead Dental Technician
We have a new exciting opportunity at PDS Dental Laboratory (PDS) for a Lead Dental Technician to work within the plaster room. You will join our fantastic team based in Bradford on a full time, permanent basis and you will receive a competitive salary depending on experience plus benefits including 20 days holiday.
PDS Dental Laboratory (PDS) is an innovative, full service, state of the art dental laboratory, employing 120 staff, supplying services and products to dental practices throughout the UK & Eire. PDS has built a reputation based on providing a high quality personal service and working in partnership with dentists and trusts to understand their business and support growth plans through superior product knowledge, competitive pricing and the capability to supply everything a modern practice requires.
As our Plaster Room Lead Dental Technician your role will be to manage the effective operation and maintenance of high standards of the PDS plaster room. To provide a plaster cast models from impressions from NHS and Private practices in a timely manner. Using specific techniques to ensure models are fit for purpose and meet organisational standards in line with organisational policies, procedures and legal requirements. To develop the capacity in the department to effectively manage planned growth.
Key Responsibilities of our Plaster Room Lead Dental Technician:
- Be responsible for the day to day running of the plaster room.
- Provide a high quality, timely service for all plaster model production
- Lead by example and be a role model.
- Work with the operations manager to implement new procedures and policies
- Continuously review the performance of team plaster room team members, setting objectives, identify ongoing training needs and source appropriate solutions.
- Ensure that the plaster room is kept clean and tidy and all equipment and instruments are maintained in good working order.
- Create working casts and study models that meet technical guidelines and meet the technician’s and clinician’s requirements, meeting GDC and specifications/prescriptions
- Manage the Plaster room staff rotas and ensure that all members of the team meet the required daily targets and standards
- Communicate with other team leaders and technicians to ensure the smooth running of the lab.
- Be involved in the selection of new team members.
- Participate in all relevant Quality Programs, internal management systems such as DAMAS, and assist as required in Quality initiatives, including ISO9002.
What we’re looking for in our Plaster Room Lead Dental Technician
We are looking for an experienced and qualified dental technician that has experience in leading and managing a small team of technicians and operatives
Closing date: 20th April 2018
If you would like to join our team as our new Plaster Room Lead Dental Technician then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!