IT Support Engineer
IT Support Engineer – Coventry - £20,000 - £25,000 + Benefits
Our client, an internationally recognised retailer and logistics business is seeking an experienced hands on 2nd line IT Engineer to work in their busy distribution centre in Coventry. The successful candidate will assist in supporting our client’s networks, servers, security, data, storage, core business application and business related systems.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Strong experience with Microsoft Windows
- Being responsible for IT equipment (PCs, Printers, Systems, Scanners, etc.).
- Experience of Microsoft Exchange & Active Directory
- Liaising with head office to escalate more severe system issues.
- SQL knowledge (the more the better, but simple select queries can be sufficient if you have a general affinity to learning advanced SQL)
- Network experience – General Maintenance and configuration of routers and switches.
- Excellent communication skills
- Can do attitude
- Natural problem solver
NICE TO HAVE
- Previous experience working in a demanding distribution centre
- Experience of warehouse management systems (WMS)