Technical Manager / Paraplanner
Technical Manager / Paraplanner
First Wealth are a multi award winning chartered lifestyle financial planning firm based in London, and they currently have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Technical Manager / Paraplanner to join their team.
Ideally the Technical Manager / Paraplanner that First Wealth are looking for will have extensive Technical Knowledge, be CII 6 qualified with the ability to help and train others.
In return the Technical Manager / Paraplanner will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary and benefits package and flexible working hours.
As Technical Manager / Paraplanner you will support the Client Partner and Financial Planner when informing and advising clients on financial strategies, plans and products. You will also provide technical expertise and support to all Technical Assistants and Technical Analysts within the firm.
Further duties will include the following:
- Preparing and compiling financial analysis – asking Technical Assistants to obtain data as required
- Analysing client data and preparing cash flow analyses
- Researching products to support recommendations
- Compiling financial planning recommendations and suitability reports
- Providing support for the Client Partner and Financial Planner
- Ensuring that all regulatory and compliance standards are met
- Liaising with product providers and other relevant third parties
- Ensuring that all client requirements are followed through to the appropriate conclusion
- Managing, recording and monitoring client annual and interim reviews on behalf of the Client Partner and Financial Planner(s)
- Prepare all relevant paperwork for client meetings – with help of Technical Assistant where appropriate
- Have extensive technical knowledge – full CII level 6 would be preferred.
- The ability to train junior members of the team where required in all technical areas of the financial planning process
- Have a personality!
- Be confident in taking the lead and keeping the technical support team up to date with provider and technical knowledge
- Be a team player
- Be able to help drive the business forward to develop other team members technical experience as the business grows
- Be the go to person for all the technical support team to seek guidance and assistance
- Be confident in suitability report writing
About the First Wealth
“We work hard to attract and retain highly qualified, world-class talent. We’re a trailblazing model of excellence within our sector, with a clutch of awards and Chartered Financial Planners status to prove it. We provide our clients with a fresh approach to financial wellbeing.
We recognise that our team is our biggest asset, and we expect the best from our people. In return, we provide competitive remuneration, excellent benefits, and a positive, proactive and energetic company culture.”
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Salary and annual bonuses
- 25 days holiday plus 1 day per annum up to a maximum of 30 days
- Full study support up to chartered and beyond – the company will support you with initial costs, study leave and exam day leave
- Flexible working hours between 8am-6pm
- 5% employer pension contribution which will increase with government led increases
- Permanent health insurance
- Income protection
- 5 x Death in Service
- Kitchen facilities with free tea/coffee machine and somewhere to store/prepare lunches
- Smart casual dress code and dress down Fridays
- Quarterly company events to keep you informed and team building events
- Fully paid annual end of Tax Year and Christmas annual party events
- Barry’s team training sessions
How to Apply
Please attach an up to date copy of your CV to the link provided and First Wealth will be in direct contact.