We are looking for a Quality Technician to work for one of our clients based in a Cambridgeshire village.
* Perform goods inwards inspection of bare PCB's, assembled PCBs (SMT/ Through Hole) Metalwork and specific parts as directed by the quality manager in accordance with published procedures.
* Carry out final inspection of completed assemblies in accordance with published procedures, including identification and cleaning of units prior to passing to dispatch.
*To collate documentation relating to goods inwards certificate of conformities, ensuring that they are all present and archived at regular intervals.
* Maintain quality records relating to all inspection activities.
* Assist with PCB assembly referee inspections to IPC-A-610 where required and inspection of any reworked products.
* Maintain the quarantine area ensuring all items are identified, logged and progressed.
* Raise supplier reject notes on either receipt of non-conforming product or if found during manufacture, ensuring the correct response has been provided by the supplier.
* Record and feedback any internal assembly defects via the works order documentation and communicating with the relevant team leader line manager any significant defects found.
* Training and mentoring in house PCB assembly staff and other areas as required to IPC standards
* Perform internal audits and patrol audits as defined within the published audit schedule on time.
Desired attributes for role:
* Excellent attention to detail whilst maintaining product delivery timescales
* Able to prioritize work load to ensure operations planned dates are achieved
* Familiar with inspection of Bare Printed Circuits, Assembled PCB's with surface mount and through hole components.
* Experience of PCB assembly an advantage
* Excellent working knowledge of IPC-A-610 Class 3 requirements (ideally IPC qualified)
* Ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications and ability to inspect metalwork and finished power supply enclosures.
* Able to quickly identify component values (SMT and Conventional Through Hole Parts)
* Proficient in the use of measurement equipment (Vernier Calipers, Micrometers, Multimeter)
* Ability to provide positive constructive feedback to other employees relating to products and processes.
* Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel