Job Title: Support Worker
Salary: £20,155 (per year, FTE 38 hours per week)
Job type: Fixed (full time or part time) or Flexi staff
Location: Based in Forest Gate Newham
Open Date: 20/3/18
Closing Date: 02/04/18
Interview Date: Tuesday 10th and Wednesday 11th April.
Are you ready for a change or a new challenge? Do you want the opportunity to be part of a brand new service and contribute to setting it up?
About the Role
We are looking for a complete new staff team for a four bed shared house offering 24 hour supported living service for adults with Learning Disabilities opening in May. The service is located in Forest Gate, Newham near public transport, local parks and a vibrant high street. If you have the following essential skills and attributes we would love to hear from you;
* Experience in learning disability and/or ASD supported living
* Have the ability to build positive relationships with customers and their families
* Be creative and empowering in your support practise
* Embrace positive behaviour support
* An excellent team player
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a completely new service which will include supporting people to move into their new home and in the next chapter of their lives. We are looking for a mix of existing Outward staff and new staff.
Now over 40 years old, Outward is a registered charity and part of The Newlon Group. We are run by a group of committed volunteers - our Board of Trustees. We provide care and support services, mainly across north and east London, to support a range of vulnerable people towards improved choice and greater independence, including; those who have experienced street homelessness.
* Young people in housing need - including those leaving care.
* Older people who need support and care.
* People with learning disabilities.
* Those with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
* People with Mental Health problems
For more information on Outward please click on: https:
We value everything our support workers do for our customers, so we provide a great benefits package:
* Flexible working hours; that will give you the work life balance that is right for you
* Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
* An occupational sick pay scheme
* Access to our Employee Assistance Program
* Annual leave purchase scheme
* Travel Loans
* Training and Development opportunities
How to Apply
Please send us your details via 'Apply', and ensure you include a valid email address as you will be sent further instructions.
Diversity at Outward
Outward applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.