SM&CR Business Analyst (FTC)
- Company Info
- We take pride in being there for our customers, any way we can. We're always available to help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that's thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. Joining us, we want you to be proud of the work you do, how you develop and the contribution you make to society. Working with us, we help your talent thrive in an environment where you'll be supported to work autonomously and flexibly.
- Department Info
- From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms - our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
- Job Duties
- A Business Analyst to lead a work stream focusing on business change for the HR, Risk and Compliance functions. This role will be responsible for the analysis and delivery of the new regulatory requirements for the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR).
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience working on SMR/SMCR within a financial services organisation. Previous experience of working closely with Compliance, HR and Risk to analyse regulatory requirements is also necessary. This candidate will be able to understand the impact of SMCR on HR processes, systems and procedures.
The roleholder will:
- Create and/or provide guidance for documentation such as gap analysis, impact assessments, business requirement documents, operating procedures, operational user guides.
- Plan and conduct requirement workshops/meetings where required and document the outcomes
- Ensure the traceability of requirements through to end user testing
- Assists with the testing of new functionality and any back office configuration changes where required.
- Assist the business stakeholders in the definition of roll out plans, including liaison with training and development to effectively imbed any IT change into the business
- Skills Required
- Understanding the SMCR regulations and how they impact financial services is essential
- Experience in carrying out HR and Risk/Compliance led change
- Able to carry out gap analysis across HR processes and systems
- Experience operating as a lead BA to manage workstreams independently
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work with stakeholders and SMEs within HR and Risk/Compliance
- Our view is that this role is suitable for agile working. This means we would consider a more flexible working arrangement, where your hours and work location are managed according to business, customer and personal needs. For this role, you would be based in our Cardiff location, but you could work in other Legal and General offices or at home, as necessary, provided this meets business needs. Details of agile working will be discussed during the interview process.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days' (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further information, please contact Rachel Varney, Resourcing Consultant ()