Senior Gerber Pattern Cutter
As Senior Gerber Pattern Cutter you will be responsible for creating accurate first patterns, digitising manual patterns and carrying out pattern amendments demonstrating a flair for women's young fashion and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Customers include River Island, Topshop, Warehouse and ASOS.
- Use of Gerber 10.01 system to create accurate first patterns from initial design sketch for soft wovens and dresses.
- Liaise with designers on first patterns and prototypes providing creative input as required to ensure patterns works perfectly.
- Digitise and carry out pattern amendments.
- Liaise with the Sample Machinists and sample room on prototype development.
- Assess garment design suitability for the selected fabric and ensure any restrictions are taken into consideration when creating patterns.
- Put toiles into work where required to ensure patterns meet fit, construction and design expectations.
- Complete technical paperwork to accompany patterns.
- Complete fit log/size chart with pattern measurements.
- Attend fit meetings as required.
- Gerber Pattern Cutter with a least 4 years' experience working across soft wovens and dresses for the UK high street.
- Gerber proficiency essential, training is available if you need to upgrade to Gerber 10.01.
- Excellent understanding of fit and construction achieving customer and factory expectations.
- Speed and accuracy able to interpret designer's sketches for the young fashion market.
- A commercial and current eye for young fashion.
- Flexible, reliable and accustomed to working to tight deadlines.
- Proactive team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Passionate, enthusiastic and confident.