Schools ICT Engineer
Agilisys is an employee owned organisation that delivers success through innovation, working with public sector partners to help them transform services that make a real difference to millions of people across the UK. We are one of the UK's most innovative IT services providers, delivering transformation through a suite of world-class citizen-centric technology products as well as centres of operational excellence around the UK.
Who we are
At Agilisys, we are passionate about people who are passionate about technology and digital disruption. We pride ourselves on our integrity towards our colleagues and our clients, and strive to be the transformation and operating partner of choice to the public sector.
We are collaborative in the way we work, and our agile and fast paced environment poses a number of opportunities for exposure to new technologies and ways of working. As an Employee Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a real say in the direction that the business is heading
What are we looking for
As part of the St. Helens Schools Managed Service Contract, Agilisys are seeking an individual to deliver technical support to primary schools. The role demands a dynamic, customer focussed individual who is capable of liaising with school staff, and offering a first class ICT support service.
The role will entail the day-to-day support, diagnosis and problem resolution of issues affecting PC hardware and peripherals, operating systems and software, wired and wireless networks, providing technical assistance to teachers both outside and within the classroom. The successful candidate will be required to install and configure Microsoft operating systems, support server services such as Active Directory and Group Policy, configure Apple devices, particularly iOS, and provide technical support on all school ICT. Also ensure that all incident management processes are adhered to and to ensure the service level agreements with the schools are maintained.
Travel between schools will be required and candidates will therefore require their own car. All schools are currently within the Borough of St. Helens.
A Full Enhanced CRB Check will also be required for the successful candidate.
- Excellent knowledge of maintaining Microsoft operating systems
- Excellent knowledge of Apple iOS
- Good knowledge of Active Directory, including user accounts, permissions and OS deployment through WDS and software rollout through MS
- Good knowledge of Group Policy
- Support all network equipment including switches and wireless technologies
- Good knowledge of network configurations
- Good knowledge of supporting all computer peripherals, including printers, whiteboards, projectors and digital cameras
- Significant experience in an IT support role
- Proven experience in Incident and Problem management processes
- Good understanding of all IT support issues
- Excellent customer relationship and communication skills
- Preferably experience of working in IT support within a primary school environment or in the education sector
- Preferably experience of providing assistance to teachers within a classroom or providing training/teaching to adults
Benefits of Working for Agilisys
- Working within an agile and collaborative environment.
- Pension Scheme.
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the EOT.
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys "Perks at Work"