IT Operations Manager
Job Title: IT Operations Manager
Salary: £31,880 - £42,500 per annum (dependent upon experience)
Based: Lilleshall, Shropshire
The Company is on a roll! Participation and membership are rising, their fan base is growing, and their medal-winning British Team has never been so prolific. As one of the most successful sports governing bodies in the UK, they are thrilled with what's been achieved. This really is a remarkable time to be involved in gymnastics, and the Company is very proud of the part they have played in driving the development, delivery, promotion and success of the sport.
The company are looking for someone who will drive the delivery of the IT Strategy, proactively leading on new and emerging technologies/ innovative changes that will advance their IT Services. Ensuring all activities from service management, Disaster Recovery and strategy and planning, streamlines the customer experience.
- Develop SLAs across the business for IT services, regularly reviewing targets and managing expectations both internally and externally.
- Create and evolve processes that maximise the effectiveness of the service desk and allow the support team to add value to the customers
- Line management of the support team, setting role expectations, managing 1-1s/performance reviews, coaching and developing them to increase motivation and productivity
- Lead on the introduction of ISO 27001 as a security standard within the organisation.
- Accountable for governance and oversight of security solutions, providing escalations for unacceptable levels of residual risk
- Maintain the integrity of technologies and services provided, minimising downtime and identifying areas for improvement within the current infrastructure
- Regularly review system and service capacity trends, identify risks and bottlenecks, and make the necessary recommendations to the Head of IT
- Up to date knowledge of IT infrastructure including a working knowledge of: Virtualisation, Storage, Backup and Recovery, Firewalls, Networks.
- An in-depth understanding of recognised industry frameworks e. ITIL
- People, project and budget management.
- Excellent communications skills, including written, verbal and active listening, with the interpersonal skills to interact and influence at all levels.
- The ability to collaborate across teams and with senior leadership to generate results.
The company is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. They are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
To apply for this role please click APPLY to submit your CV and covering letter
Candidates with previous experience of; IT Coordinator, Operations Manager, IT Operations Administrator, Senior IT Operations Administrator, IT Support, IT Support Executive, Service Desk Manager, Service Delivery Manager, Operations Manager, Technical Operations Manager, IT Manager, IT Team Leader, Technical Manager, Technical Team Manager, ICT Shared Services Manager, Implementation Manager, Technical Project Lead, ICT Manager, IT Project, Implementation Manager, Transformation Manager may also be considered for this role.