Buyer (Outside IR35)
Harvey Nash's public sector client is recruiting for a Buyer on an initial 12 month contract. You will be responsible for issuing Invitation to Quotes/Invitation to Tenders, conducting mini-competition exercises through existing/collaborative frameworks, ensuring compliance with Government Accounting and Public Sector Procurement legislation and preparing appropriate procurement contracts. The role will also involve monitoring/reviewing the performance of existing suppliers and the provision of support and advice to internal customers and stakeholders.
* The ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Experience of procurement (purchasing experience)
* Attention to detail and methodical approach
* IT skills - high degree of competence in the use of databases and spreadsheets
* Experience of pulic sector procurement would be beneficial
This is an urgent requirement, with interviews and start date to be arranged at short notice. To apply, please send your CV to contact Kevin Robson.