Reporting Group Compliance Officer
Job Title: Reporting Group Compliance Officer
Corporate Title: Associate/Assistant Vice President
You will be joining the Regulation, Compliance and Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) division, which protects the integrity and reputation of Deutsche Bank. You will be joining the Position Reporting Group (PRG) Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), which consists of a Manager, four onshore Analysts and 2 near-shore Analysts (in Birmingham). You will be responsible for ensuring that the Bank complies with its EMEA position and takeover disclosure obligations.
- Undertaking position and takeover reporting functions for all relevant jurisdictions in EMEA
- Submitting disclosures to local regulators and supervisory bodies
- Ensuring that the processes undertaken to reconcile transaction and position data in preparation for disclosure notices adhere to the PRG guidelines.
- Becoming fully familiar with, and providing guidance to, other disclosure analysts on the complex products traded by the Bank and their impact on disclosures
- Assisting with raising the PRG profile, through high standards of communication with Compliance, Legal and business
- Responding to enquiries from Traders about the Bank's disclosure position
- Liaising with Traders and Structured Product teams over trading activity
- Contributing suggestions for the improvement of the systems and data used by the team
- Working with Change the Bank project managers to implement enhancements to the PRG system which (incorporating all relevant regulatory obligations), includes contributing to requirements and execution of User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Supporting ongoing project work to respond to regulatory changes, streamlining existing processes, strengthening controls and upgrading systems, including being a Subject Matter Expert on the PRG system
Skills & Qualification:
- Experience in a Position Reporting environment in an investment bank, or experience gained in monitoring or advisory compliance would be highly beneficial
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- An organised and structured work-style with the ability to work calmly under pressure
- Exposure to position and transaction processes
- Previous involvement in building new systems to meet complex reporting requirements
- Strong analytical, workflow and data interpretation skills
- Educated to Bachelor's degree level or equivalent qualification/relevant work experience
- Highly motivated and capable of working to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a small team in a small, security-controlled environment
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Familiar with position monitoring and legal and regulatory disclosure obligations
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital/civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.