Cover School Administrator
My client is looking for a very organised candiadte to be responsible for the management of the schools cover on a daily basis. This includes the deployment of the school cover supervisors, supply teachers and agency teachers.
To lead on and be responsible for the duty rotas for school breaks and lunch to ensure the safety and well-being of pupils, visitors and staff.
To ensure administrative duties to include typing of documentation, input and extraction of statistics from schools database, and all communications are carried out to a high standard and where necessary meet set deadlines.
- To deploy the cover supervisors to ensure lessons for absent teachers are covered throughout the school day. Respond to queries including the need for emergency cover throughout the school day.
- To manage the recruitment process for cover supervisors, supply staff and agency staff.
- To organise cover for absent teaching staff using SIMS/NOVA T, including sourcing external supply staff when necessary to ensure sufficient classroom staffing. This will include authorising agency invoices and completing on-line agency timesheets if necessary and or signing teaching supply forms.
- To maintain a teaching supply list, including sourcing new staff, to ensure sufficient, quality staff are available when required.
- To monitor the 'report' systems for absences of teaching staff (i. phone line and absence request forms) on a daily basis and the diary of events, planning cover in advance, wherever possible, to ensure sufficient cover is enlisted.
- To manage the cover rota (teaching staff) to ensure that 'extra' cover duties for absent colleagues are apportioned fairly across all teaching staff.
- To take a primary role in the recording and notifications of records regarding absence and cover. Recording all absence on the Schools Management Information System (SIMS) and producing reports on absence for school management and Governance.
- To co-ordinate the return to work meeting forms between staff and managers.
- To be responsible for emergency cover throughout the day including room changes if required.
- To make decisions regarding the most appropriate person to cover particular absences.
- On a daily basis to liaise with the SLT member responsible for the curriculum to ensure communications with the senior leadership team on matters regarding cover. Thus allowing the curriculum needs to be met.
- To maintain the schools cover board spreadsheet on a daily basis.
- To devise, co-ordinate and manage a staff rota for duty staff ensuring that all lunch, breaks and other duties are adequately covered in the event of staff absence.
- Development and maintain manual and computerised records / management information systems for all aspects of cover, duties and absence.
- Ensure that all administrative activities are carried out in accordance with school policy and procedures
- Provide detailed analysis and evaluation of data and produce reports / information as required relating to absence, cover and duties.
- Provide administration support to the HR/Office manager to include assisting with the recruitment of supply/agency staff as required
- Provide cover for reception duties to cover lunch times, ill health and other absences
- Update and maintain the schools educational trip database 'Evolve'
- Comply with and assist in the development of related policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be aware of and support difference and equal opportunities for all
- Contribute to the overall ethos / work / aims of the school
- Develop constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies /Professionals
- Share expertise and skills with others
- Attend and participate in meetings as and when required, There will be other duties and requirements associated with your job and in addition, you may be required to undertake various other duties as may reasonably be required.
Skills & Abilities
Excellent numerical skills and Excellent literacy skills.
Able to relate well to children and adults, including Governors, e. dealing with visitors, passing information / messages to other staff, providing advice
Some need to use analytical, judgmental, creative and developmental skills, e. when setting up appropriate systems and producing reports
Able to demonstrate sensitivity, diplomacy and tact particularly when dealing with the more sensitive issues
Able to maintain confidentiality
Able to work accurately and with attention to detail
Able to undertake short term planning, e. managing own workload, overseeing the work of others, ensuring deadlines are met
Able to undertake medium term planning, e. for recruitment and selection
Able to identify potential difficulties / issues, analyse them and make recommendations
Able to negotiate and attempt to influence others, including external agencies, e. suppliers of goods or services
Able to prepare reports for Head Teacher / Governors
Able to work constructively as part of a team and to understand school roles and responsibilities and own position within these
Able to self- evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
Able to organise and motivate other staff
Able to plan and develop systems