Energy & Environmental Manager
Telehouse has an exciting opportunity for an Energy & Environmental Manager to join the team based in two London offices: Tower Hill and Docklands. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of £40,000-£50,000 per annum plus excellent benefits including travel allowance, bonus scheme, generous pension scheme, optional health insurance and more.
Telehouse International Corporation is the pioneering data centre colocation provider. Established in 1989, Telehouse is an owner operator of Tier III data centres, connectivity and managed ICT solutions to over 2000 market leading corporations around the world. In the UK our Docklands data centre campus facilitates the majority of the London Internet Exchange’s (LINX) capacity, meaning that we support a huge proportion of all UK internet traffic, making our Docklands campus a globally important internet hub. Telehouse is the data centre subsidiary of Japanese corporation KDDI, a $42 billion Global Fortune 300 telecommunications and systems integration provider.
About the Energy & Environmental Manager role
This is an excellent opportunity for an Environmental/Compliance Manager with management review internal auditing experience who wants to take charge of major data centre’s environmental and energy compliance. By ensuring adherence to ISO 14001 & 50001 and Environmental standards/legislation this role will coordinate maintenance of necessary certifications, environmental safety measures and good practices across the company.
Key duties of our Energy & Environmental Manager will include
- Responsible for adherence and continued certification of the following standards:
ISO 14001 Environmental Management System,
ISO 50001 Energy Management System,
Industrial Emissions Directive (IED) for combustible engines,
EU Emissions Trading Scheme,
Climate Change Agreement,
Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme
- Conduct internal audits and manage external third party audits against environmental requirements
- Identify and assess new environmental risks, recommend and implement corrective/preventative actions
- Create a defined process for evaluation, approval and adoption of all new environmental and certification activities to ensure clear ownership, documented processes, and proper controls.
- Investigate environmental incidents, recommend effective controls and processes, and integrate specific compliance objectives within business units.
- Effectively manage stakeholders to enable development and implementation of environmental action plans aiming at constant raising of environmental safety standards and compliance with new legislation
- Maintain internal communication and company-wide awareness of environmental risks, procedures and programmes by providing online training, coaching and presentations to all employees and key stakeholders
What we’re looking for in our Energy & Environmental Manager
- NEBOSH in Health & Safety
- IEMA Membership
- Understanding of ISO 9001, 14001 & 50001 and BS OHSAS 18001 standards, to include management review internal auditing and legal and other applicable requirements
- Working knowledge of environmental legislation around carbon measurement to include CCA, EU ETS, IED & ESOS
- Understanding of risk management and risk assessment techniques
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Good investigation, reporting and presentation skills
So if you would like to join our team as our new Energy & Environmental Manager then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Key words: Environmental, ISO, Standards, Health & Safety, NEBOSH, IEMA, H&S, Compliance, Data Centre
Apply for Energy & Environmental Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly