Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer (Engineer, Senior and Principal level roles available)
Here at Integral e-Drive we are developing next generation technologies as part of the move towards a more sustainable way of powering vehicles. Working with prestigious manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers, our engineers create innovative, complex powertrain engineering solutions used for a wide range of applications in passenger and off highway vehicles and motorsport.
Our Mechanical Design Engineer will join the team to create innovative designs for powertrain and e-Drive systems, undergoing thorough research and development to produce viable 3D models from which our products can be built.
We are experiencing significant growth stemming from our programmes and as a result are seeking a highly capable Mechanical Design Engineer interested in a fast paced, challenging and varied role, to develop and deliver powertrain and e-Drive systems that meet the functional, cost, quality and operational requirements set by our clients.
We do a wide range of work at Integral Powertrain and while your prime role will be to work on specific client projects, you may be exposed to other internal R&D projects which support our core technology platforms.
As a forward thinking, innovative and technology led business our ethos is to combine innovation with engineering excellence and deliver world class products and services. Integral e-Drive offer candidates the opportunity to join a team of positive engineers who embrace challenge to design amazing products at the leading edge of hybrid and electric motor system technology.
Key Responsibilities of our Mechanical Design Engineer will include
- Preparing detailed design models and drawings
- Developing concept schemes
- Manage multiple complex projects at the same time
- Ensure our designs meet manufacturing, technical and customer requirements
- Develop and perform validation as necessary
- Ensure that all design projects are completed within budget and time
- Communicate with customers (internal and external) at all levels in the relationship to prepare specifications, review designs and project status etc.
Our ideal Mechanical Design Engineer will have the following skills and attributes
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Mechanical Engineering or relevant technical degree
- Proven and skilled use of CATIA software and 3DExperience packages
- Knowledge of general engineering principles
- Project management experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience or awareness and appreciation of FEA, CFD and simulation techniques
- We would like to hear from Senior and Principal level Engineers also.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for executing and leading the full design process from ideation to production. You will draw new designs and update our current designs. During the creation process, you will ensure that our designs meet all necessary design responsibilities.
As an employee of Integral Powertrain, you will receive ongoing personal development, outstanding training opportunities and an excellent benefits package including a Contributory Pension Scheme, Life assurance and Private medical insurance.
You may previously have held a role as a Design Engineer, Design and Analysis Engineer, Senior Design Engineer, Principal Design Engineer or Design and Development Engineer.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as a Mechanical Design Engineer then please click ‘apply’ now!