Technical Business Analyst
Overall Purpose of Role
A Team Product Owner is a key member of the scrum, representing Business and end users. A TPO works with rest of the scrum and other TPOs to deliver features that improve client experience and represent best value for cost.
Product Owner (60%):
- Produce requirements and design proposals adhering to Agile methodology
- Maintain and prioritise product backlog
- Act as a reviewer and quality gate for analysis output
- Challenge development teams to ensure designs are addressing the user requirements and the root cause
- Participation in the process from product owner approval to functional design completion ensuring the functionality/benefits envisaged are delivered.
- Recognise changes within sphere of control which are liable to impact other systems/work streams and communicate effectively
- Oversee and participate in the testing cycle.
- Become an SME in the product/business area(s) that the system impacts
- Effectively work with geographically disperse scrum team, driving the efficiency of the team
- Work with other SMEs to document user guides and training materials and training of end users
- Manage workload effectively to focus and progress on more than one delivery/release in parallel
Demand Manager (40%):
- Facilitate Demand forum meetings
- Implement and adhere to Demand mgmt governance process and controls
- Track Impact Assessments for accepted demand and facilitate internal meetings for IA discussion
- Facilitate and assist Lead PO with Release scoping
- Organisational and Multi-tasking ability to keep on top of demand and progress the same
Stakeholder Management & Leadership
- Early and continuous engagement with key stakeholders such as Business, Servicing, Support teams
- Engagement with extended stakeholders such as Compliance, Risk, Security and Legal based on the needs of the specific project
- Strong collaboration working across project/feature teams
- Strong stakeholder management at all levels of the organisation
- Strong ability to negotiate and influence stakeholders
Decision-making & Problem Solving
- Possess strong analytical skills, demonstrating a variety of Business Analysis, Lean and Agile techniques.
- Ability to apply root cause analysis to problems identified, and be creative to finding the right solution for the business.
- Ensures decisions are made with consideration of the short and long-term impact on key stakeholders.
- Mature and positive approach to problem solving and dealing with ambiguous and potentially changing requirements
- Ability to make risk based decisions in difficult situations and tight deadlines
- Business Analysis/Product Owner experience
- Experience in working in large scale delivery environment
- Strong command of English language
- Preferable experience of working in Agile delivery programme and tool such as JIRA
- Preferable corporate banking domain knowledge
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.