Senior Materials Controller
Senior Materials Controller / Supply Chain near Middlesbrough £40,000 p. + benefits
Opportunity for Senior Materials Controller for greenfield new-build production facility
As Senior Materials Controller, you will manage a small team responsible for scheduling and planning materials. Working in a fast paced and challenging environment your responsibilities include:
- ensuring delivery of materials is aligned to production plan requirements / KPIs
- ensuring accountability and performance against agreed delivery schedules
- dealing with daily escalations / issues to resolve part shortages & replenish stock
- liaise with Production / Warehouse/ Logistics / Procurement to support material availability
- developing strategies to mitigate scrap / waste / shrinkage of stocks
- coordinating resources to cover periods of peak work activities, projects, stock counts etc.
- participation in development of ERP system (SAP)
- act as key contact for plant and department managers
Our client is an international corporation with activities spanning a wide variety of sectors including IT, Construction, Technology, Telecommunications, Industrial and Transport Solutions.
As Senior Materials Controller, you will have previous experience in a materials movement / planning / procurement / supply chain or quality control function, preferably within a manufacturing, engineering or production environment. Some familiarity with computerised inventory control systems e. Microsoft Office / MRP / ERP / SAP and a good team work ethic will be supported by:
- strong verbal / written communication skills
- ability to use initiative and work unsupervised
- good organisational and analytical skills
- understanding of HSE requirements
- statistical reporting & forecasting experience
If you wish to be considered for the role of Senior Materials Controller, please forward your CV stating current remuneration details and availability quoting reference 282686A.
WE REGRET WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK
Applications are invited with experience in: materials controller otif planning procurement supply chain quality control manufacturing engineering production logistics MRP SAP ERP Middlesbrough Durham Sunderland Newcastle jobs
ThreePeople advertises vacancies on behalf of clients. If your CV matches our clients requirements, we will forward your details to them to confirm your suitability. By applying for this role, you consent to the submission of your details for this purpose only. Your CV will not be retained by ThreePeople for future use.
Apply for Senior Materials Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly