IT Support Officer
Job Title: IT Support Officer
Reporting to: IT Director
The Knox group of companies is a growing and dynamic group of companies. Our head office is in the Isle of Man but we also have offices in London and Manchester. Across the various companies we employ over 300 staff.
Working as part of a small team you will be responsible for providing first line support for the internal staff which will include infrastructure, software and telephony support. Our normal office hours are 9:00 – 17:30 however due to the nature of IT support, on call, weekend and or evening work will be required from time to time outside of normal working hours. Also, travel to our other offices may be required from time to time.
Activities and Tasks
- Ensure 100% availability of systems for the business which will require working with the IT Director to maintain and manage any hardware and software problems
- Responsibility for the VMware virtual infrastructure and computer systems
- Provision of daily support to staff to resolve any issues experienced or answer queries regarding the use of applications and systems
- To provide technical support and maintain the IT departments internal systems. Including creating and maintaining documentation
- To highlight and suggest improvements to the day to day operations and longer term strategy issues
- Strong communication skills and able to work effectively as part of a team or under own initiative
- The ability to plan and implement business IT projects, installations etc
- IT security responsibility arranging security tests and protecting the network. Management of local and remote firewalls.
The ideal candidate with have knowledge of the following:
- Expert Knowledge of Windows 7 & 10, and Microsoft Office 2010 /16 products
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows Server 2012, SQL Server, Exchange 2013
- Technical expertise relating to the installation of user IT hardware, workstations, printers etc and other related IT products
- Expertise of a VMware installation is essential, including ESX & SAN technologies including Veeam replication
- Good working knowledge of domain configuration TCP/IP, DNS & DHCP
- Citrix Presentation server or XenApp
- Telephone system support administration, Mitel 3300, ACD, CCM & teleworker
- Veritas Technologies, including Enterprise email vault, Backup Exec and Endpoint
- IT security experience would be an advantage
- 5 years working in supporting IT infrastructure.
- IT qualification or studying
- VMware qualification or training.