CAD Technician - Precast
We are recruiting for a CAD Technician on behalf of an engineering company that designs and manufactures precast concrete products. This is a full-time permanent position.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the production of structural designs associated with precast concrete products using 2D and 3D AutoCAD
- Communicating with internal and external clients, contractors and consultants
- Attending internal meetings with suppliers and offering technical support on various issues
- Ensuring initial products adhere to the companies specific standards and code requirements
- Assisting companies production departments by offering in-house design office support
- Handling queries from Estimators and commercial staff on technical matters regarding products use and manufacture
- Keeping up to date technically to ensure quality of products is maintained
- Liaising with various departments to offer technical and structural input
- Taking responsibility for the consistent quality and delivery of design based projects
Knowledge, education and qualifications required:
- ONC/HNC/BTEC or similar level qualification in Engineering/Design related qualification
- Knowledge and experience of design and detailing of structures in reinforced concrete
- Experience using 2D and 3D AutoCAD or TEKLA
- Ability to work efficiently on individual projects, whilst inheriting key responsibilities in team projects
- Excellent customer service skills when communicating with clients, contractors, consultants and production operatives
- Hold a valid driving license
- Knowledge of civil engineering products (drainage pipes, manhole, shafts, hollow core, cover slabs) would be highly advantageous
This is a fantastic opportunity to really develop your career with a great company. If you know you have the required skills and experience and would like to find out more please apply now.
The client is able to offer accommodation for candidates willing to relocate for this position.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to or Call Stephen on .
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE