Product Owner (Business Technology)
This is an opportunity to work for one of the most innovative and forward-thinking training providers within the UK.
The Product Owner for business technology at Arch Apprentices reports directly to the Arch's Chief Operating Officer with a dotted line report to the Chief Technology Officer within AVADO Learning.
The Product Owner has a strategic view of Arch's delivery programmes for our apprentices and customers. A key focus of this role is to ensure that Arch's team have the best tools to provide our apprentices and clients with a seamless and efficient service. This requires a deep knowledge of our processes and a passion for using technology and people to improve them.Skills Technology, Communication, CRM, Business Analysis, Software, Start-up, Business Process, Learning Management Systems, Product ownership, workflow tools, mapping processes, creating documentation, value stream maps Sectors Responsibilities
- Develop a keen understanding of our customer needs and the technical architecture of our platforms and services
- Manage and prioritise a backlog of tasks and projects, liaising with the AVADO technical team and suppliers
- Identify and track key performance indicators to ensure that our service meets our customers' requirements
- Keep process documentation up to date
- Identify bottlenecks and manual processes suitable for automation
- Own and guide the improvement of processes and technical solutions in conjunction with teams across the Arch and AVADO organisations
- Take part in AVADO's roadmap prioritisation sessions, representing Arch's requirements
- Report to the Arch executive team and board on progress against objectives
- Work with product owners across AVADO to ensure that we take a unified approach across our products
- Assist with customer tenders and bid response where necessary
- You will likely have a background in business analysis or product ownership
- You have a good understanding of technology, especially software and systems such as CRMs, Learning Management Systems or workflow tools. However, you may not have followed a typical path in IT.
- You're not afraid to get your hands dirty - you'll be creating documentation, mapping processes, and sometimes even implementing your own solutions with the Arch team and AVADO technologists.
- Ability to write epics and stories which define the value proposition, rather than how to implement a specific solution
- A pragmatic approach to prioritisation, identifying and implementing quick wins where appropriate
- Experience in creating business process or value stream maps