We're looking for a brilliant Content Editor with a passion for luxury travel to write inspiring hotel copy and sub-edit with ninja-like accuracy.
About Secret Escapes
Secret Escapes is the UK's biggest members-only website offering flash sales on luxury travel within the UK and around the world. We negotiate amazing deals and exclusive discounts for our members.
Travel is - and should be - exciting, and booking a holiday or hotel should be a great experience. That's what we set out to achieve, and it's the philosophy that drives us on. We want to inspire the world to escape, and we do so with strong imagery, stylish writing, sought-after destinations and unbeatable prices.
We're looking for grafters and self-starters to join the gang, people who can keep up with the fast pace and who want to make a difference. We work in relatively small teams, so there's no room for coasting along. We're friendly, happy, and most importantly, we work hard. We're not afraid to get our hands dirty and we're all incredibly passionate about our brand.
Are you a talented and experienced wordsmith and sub-editor with a passion for travel, a faultless eye for detail, an ability to produce top-quality work at speed and a great sense of humour? Tick those boxes and we're interested.
Things you'll be working on
- Researching and writing sales copy for the hotels and destinations that we sell
- Sub-editing existing copy and copy from our team of freelancers
- Working with our bespoke content management system
- Responding to internal email requests for copy changes and updates
- Optimising the sales that you work on, ensuring the title and images capture our members' attention
- Writing occasional blog posts and contributing to the maintenance of style guides
How the magic happens
There are six of us on the UK editorial team and we're all based in the London office. We're frequently name-checked as being one of the most diligent teams at Secret Escapes. We're always juggling several tasks at once and we work hard to meet tough weekly deadlines. We do all of this with a smile on our face, a cookie in our hands and a genuine love for the job.
What we expect from you
- Degree educated (preferably in English, journalism or a similar creative field)
- At least three years' experience writing for the web in a professional role
- If you have previous experience in online travel, that would be a bonus
- Confident and effective communicator
- Faultless attention to detail - able to spot an error in a nanosecond
- Grammar nerd
- Strong eye for imagery is essential
- If you have any PR experience, please shout about it! It's certainly not essential but it's a bonus if you have it
- An ability to quickly understand and write in our house style
- Ability to effectively identify and highlight a property's unique selling points
- Conscientious and driven to achieve results
- Calm under pressure and able to prioritise effectively
- Impressive accuracy and speed - it's essential that you can write quickly and get through sometimes large volumes of work to support the team in hitting deadlines
- Innovative, creative and commercially-minded
- Good knowledge of and genuine interest in hotels and destinations
- An all-round hard worker who's happy to get stuck in and work on some less-than-exciting tasks. It's not all about five-star hotels here and you need to tackle everything with enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Above all, we're a close team who get along well, so we're looking for a happy and friendly team player
Things you should know
There's no travel involved with the role - it's entirely office based.