Technical Engagement Lead
We are looking for a Technical Engagement Lead to join our team.
You will be instrumental in delivering transformation projects at FTSE-100 companies, all of them household names, using technologies such as Node.js, React and Docker. You are first and foremost a developer and should have the experience to match.
A YLD Engagement Lead is deeply technical, yet has the business acumen and communication skills to steer a development team and act as an intermediary between them and client stakeholders. This is a hands-on technical lead role.
You will be expected to work on-site during various customer engagements. Although the vast majority of our customers are in London, you will be flexible about travel.
Pair programming, continuous integration, test driven development, and incremental design should be second nature to you; writing code without tests should be unthinkable.
You will have a real passion for software development, having contributed to open-source projects and written or spoken in public about your work. You will be an active learner, and a good teacher.Must have
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
- An experienced software developer with a track record that includes the successful delivery of a number of enterprise projects
- Strong command of the English language (both verbal and written)
- Technical competencies:
- Expertise in Node.js development, architecture and design
- A strong focus on continuous integration and delivery
- Building highly scalable applications
- Application architecture and infrastructure; deployment and migration
- A working knowledge of application security, authentication and related cryptography
- Good understanding of design and implementation of RESTful web services
- Knowledge of Agile software development process
- Familiarity with performance monitoring tools
- Ability to select appropriate tooling and technologies for a project
- Experience debugging production issues under pressure
- Consulting experience
- Problem-solving skills that balance innovation with pragmatic technology choices to solve business needs
- Ability to influence senior client business and IT executives on technology decisions, and identify and close new business opportunities
- Excellent leadership skills
- Comfortable working under pressure and manage client expectations effectively
- Distinct customer focus and quality mindset
- Willingness to travel to be on-site with our customers
- Prepared to speak publicly about your work, and YLD's work
- An exemplar of YLD's brand and safeguarder of our reputation