Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer you will know that what you'll be working on, makes up an integral part of the product that we provide to our ever growing user base. As a result, your work will be incredibly important, and will continue to help shape the moments that people share with one another. You'll specifically be working towards creating an ever-personalised experience, and continuing to integrate machine intelligence with the product that app that we're building. We have an open culture, and new ideas are always encouraged, from anything about the product all the way down to the business development, and when we're not doing that you'll probably find us having fun in the park, or taking part in a local pub quiz. We're looking for smart, passionate software engineers who can come and be a part of our team and help us build long-lasting software.Skills Agile, Python, Linux, Software Engineer, AWS, Machine Learning, East London Sectors What Will You Do?
- Design and implementation of machine learning solutions including methodologies such as regression/ classification modelling, semi-supervised learning and ensemble methods
- Assist with internal and external software documentation,proposals and any reporting.
- You will be directly working with the CEO and CTO on core infrastructure, monitoring and development, building and testing frameworks towards continued levels of personalisation.
- We're focused on fast delivery, addressing technical debt and constantly improving app performance
- We're a team that's passionate about both travel and technology. We work in short 2-week sprints, and we're always trying to make sure that we write code that's flexible, scalable and clean
- You have a level of independence in the technology that you decide to use when further integrating new algorithms into the application
Modestly speaking, the best job you'll ever have is here at KOMPAS. We're all about pushing you to be the best that you can be, and doing everything that we can to support you along the way. We're an inclusive, well-rounded and culturally diverse team, with many nationalities and languages being included in the mix.
Our office is rarely boring, and you'll never leave the office feeling low, that's our guarantee to you. Let's just say that we're fairly confident that everyone who's a part of KOMPAS could almost certainly find employment in stand-up comedy if this travel stuff doesn't quite pan out.???Perks
- 23 days of annual leave
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for a slice of the pie
- Free fruit, tea, coffee, water and other great drinks
- The best environment you could ask for
- Yearly team retreat
- Opportunity for mentorship
- Ownership of your work
- Office in the heart of Hackney
You'll be working with a combination of junior and senior engineers, and will be working closely with both the CEO and the CTO. You'll have the opportunity to put your full set of skills to use, ensuring that all of the code is well factored and integrated into existing platforms. You'll be based in our London offices.Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field of study
- Four or more years of experience in Computer Science, or related fields of study
- Experience designing and implementing various machine learning solutions including semi-supervised learning, clustering and learned feature extraction
- Strong understanding of Python, with clear understanding of script development
- Proven ability to work with new technologies
- Very good communication skills
- Data mining experience
- Experience applying machine learning techniques to dynamic and/or noisy data sets
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or a related field(Ph.D or similar)
- An understanding or previous experience in the Travel-Technology space.