Lead Mobile Developer (Android)
The Pepper Native Android Apps are the core of our product. We use advanced tools to allow us to publish large numbers of apps for different merchants every week and manage them on the merchant's behalf.
You will be responsible for designing and developing new features in the Android core app, improving the architecture and implementing latest Android patterns, advancing the UX to our latest designs, and creating a thorough testing approach. You will also help develop the Android tool chains that will let us efficiently deploy 100's of new branded apps for businesses each month.Skills Android development, Developer, Espresso, JUnit, RxJava, Gradle, Computer Science Degree, React Native, Maths degree, MVP, Dagger 2, lead mobile developer, physics degree Sectors Requirements
You will have a passion for building apps and writing code, and will have coded apps in your spare time. You have good communication skills, are a quick learner, and can work effectively on your own. You take pride in what you produce, and are always thinking about how to make it better.
We would expect that you have
- 3+ years native Android development.
- a portfolio of public Android apps with some real usage.
- a 1st or 2.1 in Computer Sciences, Physics or Maths or other technical subject from a top university.
- great 'A' levels in Maths or Science subjects.
We'd also like you to be very familiar with
- Android patterns such as MVP
- Dependency injection (Dagger 2)
- Automated testing with Espresso & Junit
- Solid understanding of Gradle
- React Native would be a bonus
This is a full time role in the UK: you must live in the UK and have the right to work in the UK. We are not able to sponsor you for a VISABenefits
- Competitive Salary
- Work on Customer Facing Systems
- Experienced Co-Workers
- Best Practices
- Cutting Edge Technology
- Choice of Equipment
- Bankside Location
- Casual Dress
- Work Life Balance