Grounds Maintenance Operative
Red Flag Recruitment are looking for an experienced grounds maintenance operative to work in Brighton, Sussex.
Your Responsibilities -
- Undertaking grass cutting which may entail driving a tractor or self-propelled mower. Undertaking general landscape maintenance duties involving the use of powered hand tools and light plant, e.g. mowing equipment, strimmers, hedge cutters.
- Assisting with general horticultural operations in the preparation and maintenance of landscape features, e.g. tree, shrub and flower planting, pruning, grass seeding, weeding, digging, leaf and litter collection.
- Assisting in the preparation and maintenance of sports facilities including basic setting out and marking of pitches, erection of sports equipment.
- Preparing, planting and maintaining gardens and landscape features in accordance with the grounds maintenance plan and recognised good horticultural practice, to ensure a high standard of appearance throughout the year.
- Preparing planting plans for ornamental planting areas, having due regard to factors including soil composition, drainage, prevailing weather, location, flowering times, pests etc.
- Undertaking general horticultural operations in the preparation and maintenance of landscape features, e.g. tree, shrub and flower planting, pruning, grass seeding, weeding, digging, leaf and litter collection, cleaning and tree inspections.
- Undertaking basic repairs and maintenance to sports equipment, external furniture, fences, walls, gates, gullies etc.
- Carrying out daily inspections of hand tools and light plant to be used by the post holder, and reporting any damage to the Team Leader.
- Complying with personal responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and associated legislation, together with School health and safety rules.
- Assisting other teams within the Estates Department when required.
- Driving School vehicles in connection with duties.
- Enthusiasm and interest in horticultural work
- Commitment to providing a quality service
- Able to use hand tools
- Able to lift up to 25kg and able to carry out physically demanding work
- Willing to work outside in all weather
- Willing to work outside normal working hours if required
- Willing to contribute as a team member
- Amenity Horticulture NVQ Level 2
- Current full driving licence
- Towing (driving licence category CIE (van and trailer))
- Knowledge of botany, horticulture, plant identification, propagation and fine turf
- Knowledge of job-related health and safety
- Experience in amenity horticulture
- Experience of operating tractor and self-propelled grass cutting machinery
Working Days - 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday- (Some paid overtime working, and out-of-hours callouts may be required).
Salary - Between GBP17,346 - GBP18,542
You MUST be DBS checked
If you feel you would be ideal for this position, please send your CV to Emma Sharp at Red Flag Recruitment LTD