Design Engineer - Oldbury, West Midlands
Salary: Competitive salary, Company Pension Scheme, Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance and 33 days holiday (including statutory days).
Our Client is the UK's largest specialist cold roll-forming company providing products for the construction and manufacturing industries. They are now looking to appoint a Design Engineer as soon as possible.
- The ideal candidate would have between 3 to 5 years' experience working with BS5950, BS6399, BS8110, BS5628, BS5268 or alternatively a working knowledge of Eurocodes, especially 1 & 3 would be an advantage
- Working towards chartered status or already chartered through the IStructE or ICE
- Structural design of a variety of building structures in all materials, but ideally with a focus on steel with knowledge or experience in light gauge steel being an advantage
- Have commercial awareness
- Be familiar with AutoCad (knowledge of Revit would be an advantage)
- ave the ability to form good working relationships with customers
- Be well organised, self-motivated, professional and able to work under pressure
- Be responsible for achieving objectives on own initiative, as well as part of a team
- Be computer literate and able to communicate design principles at all levels
- Attention to detail, accuracy and mathematical analysis
- Management of projects through our Client's design and drawing office.
- Design of medium rise building structures and secondary structural support systems.
- Clearly communicate designs and concepts to customers.
- Provide technical support and advice to our Client's team of Area Sales Managers including general structural, fire, acoustic and thermal issues.
- Represent the Company at Design Team meetings and site visits when necessary at various locations across the UK.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
To apply for the role of Design Engineer, please click APPLY now and send CV.