Marketing Executive - Platinum Acquisition, UK Consumer
You'll do more than the expected. You'll do the unexpected.
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
The Acquisition Team is the key driver of growth in the UK and this role is a significant contributor, focusing on the continued successful acquisition of the most prestigious product in American Express, The Platinum Card.
The position is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual looking to develop their marketing skills and drive tangible growth for the business within a fast paced environment. The executive will have responsibility for:
- Driving external acquisition on The Platinum Card through a variety of online and offline channels
- Developing and implementing new innovative channels and test & learn (T&L) campaigns for acquisition
- Drive internal acquisition through upgrade campaigns (for example inviting Green and Gold Cardmembers to upgrade via email, social and myca channels)
- A typical day might include:
- Collaborating with the rest of the acquisition team and delivering a diverse range of campaigns across OOH, email, display, social, MGM amongst others
- Developing new, innovate T&L campaigns such as large-scale content partnerships with premium publishers (e.g. GQ Magazine, The Financial Times and Vogue), digital placements or channels
- Working with our key agencies Ogilvy, Mindshare or tactical agencies on a campaign from briefing and concepting, creative execution, input on media plans to ensuring campaigns are running smoothly
- Collaborating with Blue Box partners including UK Product team, Central Product teams, UK Brand and GABM to align on campaigns and gather feedback
- Monitoring campaign performance, reporting back on results i.e. NAA, apps, click through, approval rate and using a wide range of reporting tools
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Gain a thorough grasp of all digital marketing channels (i.e. display, social media, search, affiliates)
- Work on high profile campaigns for The Platinum Card
- Build relationships with teams across the Blue Box (i.e. Brand and Product teams)
- Help shape the acquisition strategy for The Platinum Card by identifying and proposing new ideas
- Be the expert on UK Platinum Card acquisition
- Own, lead and manage marketing acquisition campaigns for The Platinum Card
- Management of day-to-day creative and media agency relationships
- Analysis of campaign results and acquisition performance
- Monitor, optimize and adapt campaigns based on key metrics i.e. click through rate, conversion rate etc
- Manage and update the budget for Platinum Acquisition activity, including raising MRs, invoicing and coordinating with vendors for payments
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Marketing campaign management experience is essential
- Passionate and knowledgable about the premium environment is preferred
- Strong initiative and problem solving skills - finding a way around obstacles and challenges with a positive attitude
- Clear, confident communicator
- Solid experience of driving results across a number of complex projects
- Team player with a collaborative approach
- Quantitative and analytical skills coupled with strong written and oral communication to articulate learning's and outputs and inform planning
- Strong relationship management skills across the Blue Box and excellent process management ability
- Excellent attention to detail
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you'll find out what we're really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you'll hear. It's our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World's Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor's 2017 Best Places to Work. If you're ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on or (for Russia based candidates ).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time