Teaching Support Assistant (25 hours per week)
25 hours per week, Term Time Only (36 weeks worked)
Main purpose and scope of the post:
- To provide a high quality education and learning experience for students in line with College Policy and to support the Lecturer in all areas of teaching and learning.
- To provide in-class support to disabled learners, learners with emotional or behavioural difficulties and learners with literacy, numeracy, or language needs. The support may be for an individual student with a specific need for support or a specific group of students identified as having support needs. There may be a requirement for personal care.
- To deliver a person centred approach to learning in the classroom by facilitating the learning process under the direction of the lecturer.
You will need the following:-
- Level 2 English and Maths (equivalent to GCSE grades A - C)
And the following experience is desirable:-
- Experience of working in a support capacity in an educational area
- Experience of working with a wide range of people with learning disabilities, difficulties and challenging behavior
- Experience of working as a Teaching Support Assistant
Interviews will be held on 23/3/18 and 26/3/18