Volunteer - Cadet Scheme Leader
As and when required
Type of Contract
File upload field, to activate press space bar Cadet Scheme Leader.doc
File upload field, to activate press space bar 2V Online GUIDANCE NOTES - VOLUNTEERS.docx
We are looking for Volunteer Cadet Scheme Leaders in Oxford. Volunteers will work with a team of leaders, and must have an interest in supporting teenagers. Inspiring and guiding police cadets towards a successful future - potentially as Specials, PCs, PCSOs. Cadets meet one evening a week to gain insight into the various departments within the force, learn a range of skills and take part in community events. They also volunteer for three hours a month to assist the police in attending public events, delivering crime prevention advice and general public engagement initiatives.
As a Cadet Leader you will be:-
• Supporting cadets at weekly sessions and occasional weekends
• Supporting cadets at community events/projects
• Help broaden cadets knowledge of policing and volunteering in the community
• Undertaking basic administrative tasks utilising ICT systems
• Helping to arrange and manage the cadet programme
• Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
• A respect for race and diversity
• A non-judgemental attitude
• A commitment to confidentiality
• Good listening and communication skills
Assisting the principle leader to carry out their duties
• Maintaining the standard of dress for cadets and leaders at your base.
• Dealing with any disciplinary matters
• Maintaining order and discipline on your base.
• Upholding health and safety regulations.
• Attending meetings on behalf of your base.
• Supporting cadets in future recruitment opportunities; and
• Ensuring cadets are aware of all volunteering opportunities.
Volunteers need to be over 18 years old.
If you can volunteer for 3 hours one evening a week during school term time and for some community events on some weekends/evenings then we would like to hear from you, please complete the online application form.
If you have a few hours to spare please complete the online application form. If you have any queries on completing the application form, please contact People Services Recruitment Department on 0845 2 , quoting reference 13841.
The closing date for enquiries and receipt of completed applications is Saturday 31st March 2018.
Police Staff Only
As a member of Police Support Staff, you are entitled to receive a fantastic range of benefits, dependant on role, location and length of service including;
> generous annual leave - minimum 24 - 30 days per annum
> local government pension scheme
> 37 hour working week
> flexible working
> employee assistance programme (welfare services)
> cycle to work scheme
> childcare voucher scheme
> excellent maternity and paternity leave
> discounts on healthcare, transport, dining, days out etc.
> sports and social activities
> on site gym
> car parking
> reimburse eye tests
All posts require a level of Police Vetting as per National Policy. In order to pass vetting you must have been resident in the UK for at least the three years immediately prior to applying for any role. Exceptions to this will be reviewed on a case by case basis. If you're not a British citizen, member of the EEA or a Swiss National, you must have a visa entitlement to live and work in the UK for a period of time dependant on training requirements.Dependant on the role, additional vetting and/or nationality requirements may apply.
We serve diverse communities. To enable us to truly reflect the communities we serve, we are keen to recruit people from Black, Asian and other minority backgrounds. You will need a wide range of skills and experiences which will enhance the services we deliver to the public including an understanding of cultural issues. If this is you, we want you to apply to join us.
We will consider applications from flexible workers and look for job share opportunities where possible.