Transaction Analytics - Assistant Director
EY's Transaction Analytics team helps to bring faster, better and deeper insights in the deal environment. Be it pre or post-merger, the team is responsible for deploying industry-leading analytics and innovation, providing valuable insights to executives making strategic and operational decisions about their businesses. It forms part of the Valuations & Business Modelling group, a UK market leader with a very successful international business. We are now looking to build on previous success and strengthen the Transaction Analytics team at the Assistant Director level across our Transaction Advisory Services practise.
We work with major corporate and private equity clients, investment banks, regulators and governments advising them on complex strategic, commercial, financial and operational decisions in financial services.
Our projects often involve managing multiple stakeholders and high degrees of complexity and uncertainty under tight time frames. Decision making in this environment requires strong client management and communication skills, rigorous analytical techniques and excellent data handling skills.
Our client work typically involves constructing purpose built databases applicable to the transaction in question, using data preparation tools such as Alteryx and statistical tools, to derive insight through forecasting calculations and simulations, supported by data visualisation tools for example: Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview, PowerPivot & Power BI, often in a fast moving transaction environment.
Although the TAS Analytics team is largely London-based, we operate as a EMEIA team and many of our engagements involve multi-national clients. This role will require some travel within the UK and could require overseas working.
- Develop business development initiatives, creating demand, converting sales, engagement delivery and knowledge management, previous proven experience of achieving sales targets greater than GBP0.5m
- Managing multi-disciplinary teams, client and 3rd party professionals on client engagements and providing leadership and shape delivery approaches
- Functioning as a subject matter expert in advising clients to gain greater insight into their data and the value that data analytics can bring to an organisation
- Take a significant role in the growth of the team and wider practice, sharing knowledge and supporting the career and technical development of other team members.
- Work to support clients on the benefits of data analysis, complex calculations and visualisations demonstrating how it can be applied at all stages of the transaction life cycle
- Working directly with clients as well as other EY specialist teams
- Manages clients' expectations in relation to deliverables and identifying risk on the assignment
- Sets and agrees budgets and produces project plans and progress reports, keeping seniors on the assignment informed of status
- Helps the group achieve target fees by assisting in proposal development and other selling initiatives
- Qualification in Computer Science, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or highly numerate science
- History of strong technical knowledge and experience of applying analytical techniques to provide insights to business issues ideally in Financial Services. Competence in using database management software, statistical and predictive modelling, and data visualization software
- Past experience of working in a transaction environment and a solid understanding of how Analytics can bring value throughout the transaction life cycle
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience of leading large teams, complex engagements, mentoring and coaching junior staff to maximise performance
- Solid knowledge of financial reporting and finance
Experience in the following would be highly advantageous
- Experience of working in a professional services environment, including exposure to high profile transactions
At EY we support you in achieving your potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At EY you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world.
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.