Compliance Assurance Senior Analyst
The Compliance Assurance Senior Analyst will be responsible for performing reviews within the Non-Markets group, the Desk Review group or the Prudential Group. The objective of these reviews is to verify whether the firm has effective controls in place that enable it to comply with the relevant rules and regulations.
The role of the Compliance Assurance Senior Analyst includes, but is not limited to:
- Assisting with the timely delivery of high quality reviews in accordance with the testing plan by leading or contributing to assigned reviews;
- Monitoring timely completion of Corrective Actions Plans ('CAPs') developed in response to issues identified through compliance reviews and performing validation testing to verify appropriate CAP completion and issue closure;
- Leading/contributing to the design and/or implementation of key initiatives to improve various aspects of the CT activities.
- Perform reviews as lead reviewer or contributor.
- As a lead reviewer, the Officer will be responsible for the review from initial planning, through execution and to final reporting.
- During planning, the Senior Analyst will: liaise with the Business and Product Compliance; plan the approach and methodology to be followed based on the initial scope of the planned review; lead walkthroughs to understand the processes, systems, risks and controls relevant to the review; prepare appropriate review test programmes to ensure robust challenge; prepare and deliver the opening communication announcing the start of the review;
- During the review execution, the Senior Analyst will: ensure that the review test programme is executed as designed; and ensure that the Global Compliance Assurance Standards are adhered to. The Senior Analyst is expected to address and/or escalate potential review or project management issues to the relevant CA management, the Business and/or Product Compliance in order to enable the timely completion of the review.
- The Senior Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that key milestones are met and that the Project Management Tool and the CA SharePoint site are updated accurately and on a timely basis.
- As a review contributor, the Senior Analyst is expected to execute the review programme to ensure that robust challenge is provided to the Business in accordance with the Global Compliance Assurance Standards.
- As Lead Reviewer, the Senior Analyst should be able to manage resources assigned to the review to ensure timely delivery in accordance with the plan. Where appropriate, resourcing issues should be raised to the Team Lead for resolution.
- As Lead Reviewer, the Senior Analyst should manage the performance of review contributors to allow for the development of their assurance skills, business specialism, project management skills and leadership skills to enable their own professional and personal development in line with their individual career aspirations.
- Lead or contribute to the project management of the review to ensure timely start and completion of the reviews and to ensure that the Project Management Tool and CA Share Point site are updated for all the reviews within the Group.
- Background in Audit, Controls, Risk or Compliance with an in-depth understanding of testing or audit methodology, risk and control analysis is required
- Financial services industry experience preferred.
- Prior exposure to markets and banking products, processes, procedures and regulations would be beneficial.
- A good knowledge of multiple control testing environments will be beneficial.
- Experience working with the handling and communication of complex concepts.
- Strong ability to manage and facilitate work projects both on the ground and with remote units.
- Proven ability to work under pressure.