Our client is a high growth SME technology business with a Board comprising high profile experienced technology investors. The business expects to double in size in each of the next 3 years from its current year planned turnover of cGBP10m.
The business now requires a hands on, commercially astute CFO who will partner the CEO in driving the development of the business as well as building and leading the finance function and managing stakeholders and investors.
Reporting to the CEO, key areas of responsibility include:
- Forecasting and Planning: Develop suitable forecasting and business planning models and reports for the business
- Commercial: Provide commercial and financial support to the CEO in evaluating and modelling expansion opportunities; provide commercial insight around the key drivers of business performance enabling a deep understanding of underlying performance of the business and converting information into actions to drive future performance
- Finance: Implement robust systems, practices, procedures and controls consistent with supporting the current and planned scale of the business; Recruit, manage, coach and motivate a suitably skilled finance team
- Stakeholder Management: Develop robust relationships with key investors through delivering insightful investor briefings; Management of key external relationships with bankers, auditors and other professional advisors
- Tax and Treasury Management - including foreign currency hedging
- Commercially astute hands on qualified accountant with experience of driving change in a fast paced SME business with professional external investors (e.g. Private Equity, Institutions or High Net Worth)
- Strong grasp of detail and complexity
- Strong communicator with excellent presentational skills, able to negotiate, persuade, influence and challenge
- Experience in the tech and / or media sector would be useful