Strategic Development Manager
Working closely with the Head of Strategic Planning & Development, as well as the wider Strategy team, you will manage the development of the strategic plans and initiatives, including the 3-year plan, for our UK & Ireland businesses.
You will provide strategic support to the UK & Ireland CEO and Executive team, and well as supporting the delivery of the strategic programmes.
- Work with Head of Strategic Projects and Development to:
- Prepare top level strategic analysis and insight, and structured thinking on the strategic issues and priorities for the UKI business
- Define the 3YP process and timeline, including relevant engagement with Exec and other areas of the business
- Design and prepare for a series of strategy workshops to develop the 3YP
- Project manage the 3YP build process, including working closely with the FP&A teams and teams from all functions across the business to develop one integrated strategy and 3YP for the UKI Business
- Take the lead in preparing the strategy elements of key 3YP documents (working with Finance), including the QBR deck and the PLC Board update
- Support the change and portfolio management teams in translating the UKI Strategy into the portfolio of change for the year ahead / communication of the strategy to colleagues and the wider business
- Prepare strategic input into regular briefings to the UK & Ireland CEO and Exec team
- Support preparation of key presentations (ie. suppliers, senior leadership team, conferences)
- Be involved in ad hoc Business Unit strategy activities and strategic projects, as required
You will have
- Experience of performing a similar role within a comparable organisation, or experience of delivering the requirements of this role across multiple clients as a member of a top tier professional services (consulting) firm
- Proven experience in developing and defining strategic plans at an operational level for a retail/consumer facing business
- Strong financial awareness and the ability to understand financial concepts
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
- An ability to manage and influence Senior Stakeholders up to Exec level
- Confidence to make robust commercial decisions without the benefit of complete information
Dixons Carphone is Europe's number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people's expertise to reach out and help new customers. What's more - we're exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It's an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.