This is an exciting time for HM Land Registry (HMLR) as we embark on a major transformation programme. HMLR's ambition is to become the world’s leading land registry for speed, simplicity and an open approach to data. We are now looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer (Platform Support) to join our Digital, Data and Technology team to help us to achieve this.
The Digital, Data and Technology Directorate are the in-house IT division for HMLR. We are currently recruiting several roles to ensure the directorate’s teams contain the right blend of skills, experience and knowledge to take our major transformation programme forward. These teams are at the heart of the move to a digital, data-driven organisation with the ambition to provide our customers with cutting-edge digital services.
The Infrastructure Engineer (Platform Support) role;
You will work as part of a specialist team performing a key role in installing, maintaining and supporting a variety of platforms up to and including operating system level. You will provide second and third-line support for technical queries and ensure incidents are resolved to meet defined service level agreements. In addition, you will provide support to first and second-line teams in order to resolve issues that come into the Service Desk.
Located in the vibrant waterfront city of Plymouth, our environmentally friendly offices provide a great setting in which to work. Hundreds of miles of stunning coastline and 368 square miles of Dartmoor National Park are within easy reach.
What we’re looking for in our Infrastructure Engineer (Platform Support);
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated team player with experience in either Windows Server 2008 R2/2012 R2/2016 or Red Hat-based distributions. You will have proven networking knowledge (LAN, TCPIP, DNS, DHCP) and be able to demonstrate experience in all activities associated with providing infrastructure/server support in a virtualised environment. In addition, you will have excellent communication and planning skills and be able to manage your own workload effectively.
Benefits of becoming our Infrastructure Engineer (Platform Support);
HMLR offers very competitive terms, conditions and benefits. We provide excellent opportunities for career progression, training and development. You will have access to Civil Service pension and benefits arrangements, generous leave allowances and flexible working – exactly what you would expect from a progressive employer.
We also offer:
- An employee recognition scheme
- Long-service awards
- Maternity and adoption leave of up to 26 weeks’ full pay, followed by 13 weeks’ statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid
- Paternity leave allowance of two weeks plus four days’ paid leave
- paid time off for public service duties, for example if you are an armed forces reservist
- Paid volunteering leave
- A social and sports club in every office
- The opportunity to compete in national Civil Service competitions for a wide variety of sports
- Access to our employee assistance programme for counselling and support on a wide range of issues
- An interest-free loan for season tickets and/or bicycles and safety equipment
- And many other rewards including access to discounted healthcare, a Microsoft Home Use programme and shopping, leisure and finance discounts.
To continue your application for the role of Technical Team Lead - System Programming please click ‘Apply’ now and monitor your emails at this time…
Closing Date: 21st March 2018