Field Service Engineer | Home Based
Would you like to work with an internationally recognised and market-leading Volvo Construction Equipment brand?
Want the opportunity to manage your own workload in a Home Based role?
If so, then look no further. We are currently recruiting for a Home Based Field Service Engineer to join our dedicated team based in Scotland, covering the Aberdeen area.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to proactively manage the maintenance, diagnosis and repair of customer's machinery within your area. You will be able to build and maintain effective relationships with your Customers, with support from the regional Customer Support Centre.
If you are looking for a position with opportunities to progress your career then we are a company that wants to help you, guide you, and inspire you to achieve your full potential.
Here at SMT GB we have an employee focused approach and we are a 'learning company' which continually facilitates the development of our employees to improve our business.
- To self-manage the service and repair of Volvo construction equipment.
- To identify mechanical problems, using technical knowledge and computerised diagnostic equipment, offering guidance and advice to the customer
- To carry out duties in a commercially focussed way, seeking additional service revenue opportunities and promoting our aftermarket solutions
- To be the main point of contact for the customer, ensuring high levels of satisfaction through effective resolution of queries and regular communication
- To carry out all work in line with quotations and time guides
- Ensure software updates are installed as new versions are released on Machinery
- Accurate completion of systems / paperwork
- Complete PDA's and electronic timesheet inputs
- To assist and coach colleagues with technical support and guidance where necessary.
- Flexibility to work overtime as and when necessary and to honour reasonable call out requests.
- Attend any relevant product/systems training courses and staying away from home where required
Field Service Engineer | Volvo | Construction Equipment | Plant Equipment| Mechanical Engineering | Field Service | Engineering | Home Based
- A formal engineering qualification in Plant Maintenance or Agricultural mechanics (i.e. NVQ 3/SVQ 3/C&G)
- Construction manufacturing apprenticeship or employment preferred
- Relevant experience in the repair and maintenance of heavy construction plant, including proven technical competence on diesel engines, transmissions, drive lines, hydraulics and electrics.
- Advanced diagnostic and trouble shooting skills and comprehensive understanding of hydraulics, electrics and EATS.
- Live within a 30 mile radius of Aberdeen
- Able to self-manage and generate own work.
- Ability to communicate efficiently
- Competitive Rates of Pay and Overtime
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Employee Discounts
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Medical Cash Plan
- On-site Medicals
- Work Wear
- 30 days holiday rising to 35 days with service (including bank holidays)
SMT is a premium distributor and aftersales partner for Volvo Construction Equipment.
We create value by providing sustainable and integrated solutions for the heavy equipment and transport industries across Europe and Africa.
We are the industry leader with state-of-the-art products and services that maximise the benefits for all stakeholders.
We are a great place to work, with highly skilled teams that are inspired and dedicated to helping our customers succeed.
We are the partner of choice for our customers throughout the lifetime of their equipment.