We are looking for a confident, organised and personable individual to provide support at our new office, who is looking to join an established but evolving company.
Details of the role
Walker Construction Consultancy is a multi-disciplinary chartered surveying practice based in Barnet, north London. We manage construction projects and provide cost control, technical surveying services, ensure health and safety compliance and site inspection. We pride ourselves on our professional integrity and reputation for being honest and client-focussed.
We have recently moved to a brand new office and refreshed our brand, so it is an exciting time to join us.
We are looking for someone with bags of enthusiasm, an outgoing personality with an all-round positive approach to their work. An interest in construction or surveying is desirable but excellent communication and organisational skills are an essential requirement.
Your main responsibilities will include managing the smooth running of the office and general administrative tasks.
You will be expected to:
- Manage office supplies and maintain general office tidiness
- Help screen incoming calls, manage the post and emails and meet and greet visitors
- Maintain diary management for Executive staff
- Manage travel requirements and couriers
- General office administration such as photocopying and binding
- Develop and implement new administrative systems, including record management
- Line manage other administrative staff
- Support corporate governance, compliance and accreditations
- Organise corporate events
The role will suit someone who is happy working in an active office environment.
We are offering the role either full-time or part-time.
This is a permanent post and we are keen to appoint as soon as possible. Office Manager Job Description & Person Specification
Key skills and qualifications:
- GCSEs in English and Maths
- Business and administration qualification or relevant experience
- Computer literate and an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- A great communicator with good written and verbal English
You are a confident team player and keen to work with your colleagues to deliver high quality work.
You have professional integrity, are well presented and are a natural ambassador for the business.
You have good time management and organisational skills as well as the ability to stay calm under pressure.
You are good at juggling tasks and are solution-oriented.
Salary: GBP27,000-32,000 pro rata per annum depending on experience
If this sounds like you and you're interested in working with a small and dynamic team on a diverse range of interesting projects, then get in touch. Please include the following:
• Your CV highlighting where you have made a difference in previous roles.
• Anything we haven't mentioned that you think might be relevant.
• Contact details (phone, email and address).
Send your enquiries to
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE, WE KNOW WHERE YOU ARE IF WE NEED YOU!
Walker Construction Consultants is an equal opportunities employer.