Position: Permanent, full time position
Location: Histon, North Cambridge (excellent links to rail, bus and guided bus; good access for drivers and cyclists)
Well established software company, Hyperspheric Solutions Ltd is the creator of GO 4 Schools, an online, high-performance platform that is transforming the way schools across the country track, manage, visualise and analyse their data. We are a growing company building upon our continued success. Our teams are professional, friendly people who pride themselves on delivering first-class software solutions to our end users in a collaborative working environment.
An experienced test analyst excited by the opportunity to develop a new role within a growing company as part of an experienced and fast-paced development team. You will have a good degree in Computing, Mathematics, Science or Engineering and be a confident communicator. You will have an aptitude for selecting and executing appropriate manual and automated test solutions (.Net). You will have the ability to lead and advise on best practice and be comfortable working independently as well as working closely with domain experts and developers.
- Experience in C# .Net environment (ideally ASP.Net Framework/Core)
- Experience with Web and Mobile platforms
- Test automation framework set-up
- Good SQL Database skills
- Experience with Windows operating systems
- A minimum of 3 years hands on testing experience in a manual or automated environment
- Ability to write test plans and detailed test cases
- Thorough understanding of testing principles, practices and processes
- Ability to communicate confidently and concisely both verbally and in writing
- A sharp focus on delivering results on time to budget
- A team player
- Promotion of best practice testing within the team
As part of our established, friendly development team you will fill a new role created for a growing team. You will be involved in:
- Review requirements and technical design documents, and understand and assess business workflows within the software.
- Design, run and maintain test plans and test data based on requirements and workflows.
- Execute regression testing against Service Release and Patch Release software.
- Use appropriate test tools to automate and to track progress in testing.
- Build and maintain test environments on Windows platforms.
- Demonstrate new functionality following project testing.
- Coordinate and report on manual testing with the development team.
- Contribute to the continuous quality improvement of all test processes.
Up to date tools and hardware are a given. As a valued employee we will foster the development of your career through training that is tailored to your own needs, whether through in-house training, good mentoring and accredited courses.
- 25 days holiday p.a. plus public holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Flexible working hours, 35 hour working week
- Cycle to work scheme
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Hyperspheric Solutions Ltd is an equal opportunities employer
Closing Date: Friday 6th April 2018
Use a subject line of Test Analyst.
Early applications are encouraged as interviews will take place and the position offered before this date if a suitable candidate is found.
All applicants must provide documentation to show they have the right to work in the UK. No sponsorship is available.
Download the [full job description]