Programme & Project Manager
Programme & Project Manager
- £26,574 - £30,132
- 37 hours per week (42 FTE)
- Central Guildford
Who we are and what we do
The UK’s Department for International Trade (DIT) helps to secure UK and global prosperity by promoting and financing international trade and investment, and championing free trade.
We are an international economic central government department that is responsible for:
- Bringing together policy, promotion and financial expertise to break down barriers to trade and investment with other countries
- Helping businesses succeed across borders
- Delivering a new trade policy framework for the UK as we leave the EU
- Promoting UK trade and investment across the world
- Building the global appetite for UK goods and services
The DIT Southern England team manages contractors and stakeholders to help UK businesses to trade internationally and secure foreign direct investment.
The Programme and Project Manager will work in a team of five to provide critical support to ensure that businesses in the region receive the consistent, high-quality advice and support they need in order to develop, increase and sustain their international trade success.
The post-holder will also provide day to day support to the Directors for the Southern England Region. This will include working on Ministerial meetings with businesses and other stakeholders, research, project management and providing administrative support. The post–holder will become an integral member of the team that ensures DIT Southern England’s overall operations are effectively managed. While based in our Guildford office the role will work closely with colleagues in Cambridge and Bristol and will bring the post-holder into contact with a wide range of DIT colleagues in London and overseas which will require occasional travel.
- Experience of drafting and secretariat duties.
- Experience of managing a varied workload, prioritising effectively and reacting quickly and calmly to changing circumstances.
- Experience of working with a variety of stakeholders in both the public and private sector.
- Experience of gathering, analysing and presenting both numeric and non-numeric information.
- An understanding of the challenges faced by growing businesses and trading internationally.
- Working with contractors and business organisations.
DIT is seeking a person with:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An experienced relationship builder and problem solver.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Strong data handling skills with MS Excel capabilities.
- You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced and changing environment.
To apply, please visit our website by the “Apply” button on this page.
Closing date: 26 March 2018.